No remorse, No regret

Skunkmiester said:
Maxi_77 said:
Echoing Gorgeos George according to him means you are in his camp by default. He will count you as obne of his.

If the oil companies had that much control over prices they could have engineered the price hike without any war. In reality high oil prices can hurt US oil companies quiote badly as it really does make people sit up and take notice when the price goes up by 50% in a few months. We don't se the change anything like as clearly as the price we pay has so much tax in it.

Peter

Quite an interesting take on politics you have there. Although different views may corrolate to a certain extent at times that does not mean that you agree with a person. The reasons behind two seemingly identical arguments may well be completely opposed.

It also looks as if you don't believe that our involvement in Iraq has anything to do with oil and everything to do with WMD's. Are you really this naive or do you usualy believe everything you are told by the people in charge?

I take it that we are the good guys and them's the bad guys and that it is all black and white?

Try reading what I said again, Gorgeous George himself claims any one who echos his opinions is a supporter whether or not that is your intent. Politics is a funny old place and your opinions can obtain interesting freinds.

The US could have had it's wicked way with the Iraqi oil without a war and for much less than it is currently costing them. Personally I don't buy the big oil conspiracy thing, but of course I could always be wrong. I didn't go that much on using the WMds as a reason either, if they had just done it because SH was a particularly nasty man it would have given them a good excuse to get rid of a few others as well like Mugabe.

As it is they have made a real cock up of the whole thing, which was only to be expected I suppose, and as ever it is Tommy this and Tommy that.

In the present fighting I don't see most of those against us as being loyal Iraqis trying to get rid of the vile invader, rather they are either OBLs mob trying to have a go at the West and at the same time claim a new base for him since the Afghan thing went pear shaped or they are locals who hope to destroy the democratic process and set up another dictatorship based ofn fear and terror.

As to good or bad, there all all osrts of shades of grey in that.

Peter

The best punishment for a sane terrorist would be life imprisonment with no hope of release. Having followed his trial with some interest I must say that I am not convinced that he is sane. His delusions and self aggrantisement strongly hint at psychotic illness in need of psychiatric treatment.

To some extent his delusions seem to stem from his particular interpretation of the Koran and Hadith, but having observed Phelps' behaviour towards service personnel who have been killed in Iraq (and read a fascinating account of him at Wikipedia) I suspect the root problem is an inability to distinguish between empirical truth and the highly selective ideological truth of religious topoi, often not aided by relying on problematic translations. After all when Wilberforce began his campaign against slavery in Britain, most clergy were pro-slavery because of their interpretation of the Bible. When it was finally abolished, several CoE Bishops received substantial compensation from the British taxpayer for giving up their numerous slaves, which astonished me when I first learnt of it. Racist views could also be theologically justified by citing Leviticus, amongst other passages. Leviticus asserts that one should treat alien peoples in an inferior way to your own, for example (Lev.25:44-46) and do not forget that Christian fundamentalists hold the whole of the Bible to be literally true (example here)(or at least those bits which allow them to demonise the behaviour of minorities, though not the bits about having sex with your wife through a hole cut in a coarse blanket: so as to eliminate all carnal feelings). The Old Testament and Koran make frequent references to the killing of people whom God dislikes. This includes the killing of people who do not share your particular religious beliefs - though Mohammed did in fact promote tolerance. Viewed in this context Moussaoui's beliefs appear, disturbingly, quite "normal", theologically speaking.

PartTimePongo said:
Some editing and deleting done.

Please leave the inflamatory, racially abusive rants out of the posts.

PTP
Hell, flashback, thought I was in mainland China for a minute, better watch out for those tanks........... :wink:

Lingyai said:
PartTimePongo said:
Some editing and deleting done.

Please leave the inflamatory, racially abusive rants out of the posts.

PTP
Hell, flashback, thought I was in mainland China for a minute, better watch out for those tanks........... wink
On the other hand with freedom comes responsibility.

Peter