No not another question about joining aggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by crazyman, Oct 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes i have a question i looked back over that last few pages and i couldnt find my answer so i thought i would post it here as its about the FAA

is the upper age limit for joining the faa as a helicopter pilot flexible. i have a little previous knowledge from the army (well not the real army).

Well the territorial army for my sins i am a stab, i spent 2 years as a rifleman and im currently a Combat medic.

i asked a question about joining a few months backas my sight although not bad isnt perfect, but something has come up that means that for about the next 18 months i can sign up yet. so by the time i get to signing up i will be nearly 23 and i head the cut off age is 21.

thanks for reading
  2. Re: No not another question about joining aggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

Have a look at
    In the warfare table at the top, P=Pilot, O=Observer
    That gives some age limits depending on entry method, however the best advice is to speak to your local AFCO (Armed Forces Careers Office - see ). There are sometimes higher max age limits for previous experience.

Also, I don't know how the new laws on age discrimination will affect max ages, provided that you would be capable of doing the job to the required standard and can give a decent return of service, so again I would suggest a chat with the AFCO.
  3. Re: No not another question about joining aggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

much appreciated mate i will go next week

and drag a mate of mine who is also interested with me