No more pay increments, final straw?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by digger84, Nov 7, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know whether it will make people leave in itself, but I'm sure it will push some who are thinking about it over the edge and start to make others think about it.

2. Long thread about this over on ARRSE.

3. I think it will, also with the talk of having one pay band! And also talk of making aircraft handlers as stewards on the new qe

4. Hahahahaha!

No.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yet no debate on here!!!

6. Considering we have no Naafi on QE yet, this has to be the best gash buzz for a while!!!!

7. I'm reserving judgment on this until I find out exactly how this will work and the level of salary each rank will be positioned at.

I can't get angry at half a dit.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Moderators, who's got the ban hammer? We can't have behaviour like this! That outrage bus isn't going to drive itself, you know...

9. Shit, noted.

I'll give myself a warning.

10. There appears to be a never ending supply of these shit sandwiches to force down our gullets.

11. Oh well back to the days of scale B/scale A, I guess

12. I'm a bit out of the loop right now but I'll wait out and see how this develops before I start my clicks!

This sounds vaguely similar to one of the proposed changes which the NEM pay model is going to bring - but it was only changing, not getting rid of incremental progression. I'm sure NEM is going to make you wait 2 years for the first increment rise after a promotion then the subsequent increments will be annually. This was one of the changes needed to bring in the 4 different supplements at levels where there would be a noticeable difference between the supplements.

That said, the announcement of the NEM pay model was meant to have been shortly after the general election - I don't think it's been revealed yet and it's supposed to take effect from 1 Apr 16