Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more pay increments, final straw?

pompeyexpat

War Hero
I don't know whether it will make people leave in itself, but I'm sure it will push some who are thinking about it over the edge and start to make others think about it.

Dav1d

Badgeman
I think it will, also with the talk of having one pay band! And also talk of making aircraft handlers as stewards on the new qe

G

guestm

I'm reserving judgment on this until I find out exactly how this will work and the level of salary each rank will be positioned at.

I can't get angry at half a dit.

jrwlynch

Lantern Swinger
I'm reserving judgment on this until I find out exactly how this will work and the level of salary each rank will be positioned at.

I can't get angry at half a dit.

Moderators, who's got the ban hammer? We can't have behaviour like this! That outrage bus isn't going to drive itself, you know...

TheCommunicator

Lantern Swinger
I'm a bit out of the loop right now but I'll wait out and see how this develops before I start my clicks!

This sounds vaguely similar to one of the proposed changes which the NEM pay model is going to bring - but it was only changing, not getting rid of incremental progression. I'm sure NEM is going to make you wait 2 years for the first increment rise after a promotion then the subsequent increments will be annually. This was one of the changes needed to bring in the 4 different supplements at levels where there would be a noticeable difference between the supplements.

That said, the announcement of the NEM pay model was meant to have been shortly after the general election - I don't think it's been revealed yet and it's supposed to take effect from 1 Apr 16

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Pay rises for doctors, police and more in the public sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Criminals made to pay more to fund victim support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Angler ordered to pay more than £1,200 after obstructing water bailiff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 6 unregistered boaters ordered to pay more than £4,300 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 5 unregistered boaters ordered to pay more than £7,000 MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Flying porkers pay more! Diamond Lil's 45
W More Pay also more submarine pay Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
W More Pay and also more Submarine pay! Submariners 26
MoD_RSS JETS fuels support for more than 40,000 jobseekers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than one million cases reached by NHS Test and Trace MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More funding to support people with disabilities live independently MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three more courtrooms at Ministry of Justice HQ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New competition regime for tech giants to give consumers more choice and control over their data, and ensure businesses are fairly treated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record numbers of doctors and 14,813 more nurses working in the NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £10 billion package to build more homes and level up communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Green industrial revolution in sight as government sets out plans for more clean energy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK secures vital rollover trade deal with Canada and agrees to start negotiating more advanced deal next year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands more health workers to benefit from visa extensions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace processes more tests and contacts more positive cases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rail tech roll-out set to bring more reliable journeys and boost jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Border Force in Northern Ireland seize more than 2 tonnes of black market tobacco MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £175 million more for cycling and walking as research shows public support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 2 million people reached by NHS Test and Trace MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 19,000 jobs created by Kickstart Scheme so far MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More rapid COVID-19 tests to be rolled out across England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation on next steps for more environmentally friendly haulage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £9 million funding for green Scottish businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 13,700 more nurses working in the NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Afghan interpreters to move to the UK as scheme extends MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Nightingale Courts open as temporary jury rooms rolled out MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 588 more arts organisations saved by £76 million in latest Culture Recovery Fund grants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government helps more than 50,000 businesses in Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government helps more than 79,000 businesses in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Students to be given more time to prepare for 2021 exams MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Queen honours teachers, social workers and more MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £1m in refunds secured for care home residents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 4 million applications to the EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extended measures to protect more areas of England from coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS “Our fresh start means we can make all four corners of the United Kingdom stronger and more prosperous than ever before” MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cash boost to get more kids cycling and walking to school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 1 in 10 people in England have now been tested for coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 14,199 more NHS nurses and nursing student acceptances rise by 23% MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record numbers offered flu vaccine as those with flu and COVID-19 more likely to die MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women make up more than a third of all board members across the FTSE 350 for the first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eight more Nightingale Courts to deliver justice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Afghan interpreters who risked their lives supporting British troops to begin new lives in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Restrictions for more areas in north west, West Yorkshire and midlands to tackle rising infection rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Yemen has “never looked more likely to slide into famine”, Foreign Secretary warns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £500 million for social care to reduce coronavirus transmission over winter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofsted seeks to make oversight of subcontractors more comprehensive and transparent MoD News 0