No more Navy Days.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by pompeyexpat, Jan 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I liked the comment about a single ship (the Navy) not being able to be two places at once! :lol:

I think someone should pass that on to Gordon!

2. Also if you live in the Smoke you have a chance to visit HMS Exeter at the Boat Show until next week sometime before she disappears to sunnier climes for a couple of months

3. You beat me to it i was just about to say that lol. So anyone on her going on sunday this week and sunday the following. :thumright:

4. I am going this Sunday to see the boy on there,so he better have a few tins ready!! Also we get free tickets into the show as they have put 1,000 tickets aside for families and guests of the Exeter.

5. I will be at the show on that day aswell as driveing a RIB around the docks, so look out for me. :thumright:

6. So what will "Meet your Navy" entail then?
    Let me guess, exactly the same as Navy Days but it sounds a bit more user friendly ? (I wonder which Ex Admiral got a pocketful for THAT piece of imaginative thinking :roll: )

7. Less work for the duty watch over the bank holiday weekend.

8. Do they still let the civvies below decks nowadays? I remember Navy days in the 80s and we'd have people below decks, being shown HQ1, the MCR etc. I wonder if that still happens in todays heightened security?

9. Ihope not.

10. u sure your not from iran ?

11. The very last time I was in a RIB (in the RNXS) I... er... slipped over the side when... er... stepping ashore. My No 8s got a good wash though :thumright: I'm ashamed to admit that I was COMPLETELY SOBER at the time! :oops: :oops: :oops:

As they say... THERE'S ALWAYS ONE! ^_^;

Have a couple of pints before you step into the bloody thing....... :lol: ... oh yes, and don't forget your iPod! ;)

Have fun!