No Huns in Europe

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by lamptramp63, Aug 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The mighty Glasgow Rangers beaten by a Lithuanian pub team ( Hearts reserves) 2-1
    The season is over before its started
  2. Good to see the West coast anti-bigotry message is getting through.
  3. :w00t: I just hope that Hearts can follow the excellent example set by their feeder club and hammer Rangers all season but realism tells me it won't be so (unfortunately).

Edited to add: Its not bigotry at all bawsack; in this case its just good old fashioned rivalry and some quality gloating.

4. I have this little suspicion that the poor old Jambos will be in for as hard a time this year as last

If you want to back a winner the Boys would seem to be the ones to go for.
  5. It aint bigotry, Rangers fans call themselves Huns ,( personally I am a Killie fan) , it will still be a runaway 2 horse race for the title, just good to see half of the old firm( either half will do) stumble as they had already written Kaunas off in the papers and were planning how to overcome the Danish side in the next leg.
  6. What a pile of Pish, Rangers fans refer to themselves as Huns as much as Celtic supporters call themselves Fenians!

It makes me laugh how the provincial clubs moan and groan about the Old Firm and their known problems with bigotry, yet those same clubs turn a blind eye to it when it suits them.

Ah well, it just means that 5% they wanted for handling the small clubs away tickets will just have to be increased to 10%.
  7. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Is there not a Sunday league football site you could put this thread on?
  8. Ha ha i think its funny.
  9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Murray's Blueprint

Just as promised, Rangers are moving on to another level from the rest of Scottish football, as chairman David Murray announced a new investment of £53m for the Ibrox club, with a further massive cash boost soon to follow. The eventual cash injection could soar as high as £80m as Murray guides the club into what he believes will be a new, golden era for the Scottish champions.

The money involved, the biggest financial boost for any Scottish football club, will enable them to move into Europe's elite over the next few years. Yesterday, however, Murray maintained, as always, that he will not turn his back on Scottish football to play in any other league, and that while he
    remains in charge of the club, he will retain a responsibility to the domestic game."

It is clear from this latest move, however, that the Glasgow giants are setting an agenda that no other Scottish club can match - and that appears to include their Old Firm rivals, Celtic, who are trailing by 15 points in the Premier League championship and are now looking at a financial gap which
    the Parkhead club might not be able to bridge. There have been hints around Glasgow that Celtic could be ready to attempt a share flotation of their own, but it would seem unlikely they would be able to match the financial clout that Murray has put together. The Ibrox chairman promised his shareholders good news and a more prudent financial strategy at the last annual meeting of the club. He has now delivered this by taking on board several very heavy financial hitters, South African-based David King is worth around £300m - £20m of which he is investing in the club he followed
    as a young man in Glasgow."

The Ibrox chairman has spent several months and many sleepless nights piecing together the plans which will eliminate Rangers' debt, currently sitting at around £40m, provide finance for the new training centre and the soccer academy which will be housed there, and still allow cash to invest in
    new players.

He said: 'I want to make it clear from the outset that while our small shareholders, our supporters who have an interest in the club, will have the opportunity to invest again if they want, there is no pressure on them to do so. The bulk of the rights issue is being taken up by myself and David King and some other smaller investors, including Alastair Johnston, who is a long-time Rangers' supporter.'
    'We also have Trevor Hemmings coming in as an investor and Tom Hunter will join us some time in the future. Essentially, the investment we require is in place and we also have a major media deal in the pipeline which is very exciting and will bring in further serious investment to the club. I told you earlier this week that I had run the club up to now on a high-risk strategy which has involved carrying large debt. These days are over. The whole method of running the club is going to change, because we are in a situation right now where we do not need to take the risks we have had to take in the past. We don't have to spend the same money on players, for example, as we have had to do over the past two years when we were restructuring the team after the arrival of Dick Advocaat. At the moment, we have two new players set for next season, Allan Johnston and Fernando Ricksen and Dick is looking for another quality striker. He is working hard on that right now.'

'Dick and myself know what we are aiming for. We want to be in the Champions League every season. This is what we want for the club and this is what we have been working towards. However, we shall not be going on any wild spending sprees in the transfer market.'

'We have a player or two to add to the squad - a top-class international front player, as I said, but we don't need to buy Numan, van Bronckhorst, Mols, Reyna, or McCann - because we have these lads in place already. Believe me when I tell you that we are going for it this time - we want to be successful in Europe, and the money we are raising now will take us there.'

'This is the last part of the jigsaw for me, but we shall always be a part of Scottish football and we will take our domestic responsibilities seriously. We respect the other teams in the Premier League and we know this news will make them try even harder against us. But, so be it. 'Barcelona don't win every week. Bayern Munich don't win every week. Manchester United don't win every week. Yet, our supporters expect us to do so and we shall always try to do that. What we do know is that to be in the
    Champions League, we have to win the Scottish title, and that is our aim every season. We shall always be here with our roots.'

However, the mega-deals Murray has been working on are sure to carry Rangers out of the reach of their rivals here at home and unless Celtic can somehow find the means to strengthen their own financial standing even the age-old rivalry between the Glasgow giants will be threatened as the Ibrox men grow ever stronger.

:rofl: Things you wish you never said " They (celtic) spend a fiver, I'll spend a tenner"
  10. witsend

breaking news rangers announce new shirt sponsor. easyjet in and out of europe in 3 hours.
  11. witsend

Telegram. Huns out. All forces throughout Europe stand down.
    Attack repelled by irregular forces in Kaunus.
    Head cut off. Snake dead.
  12. witsend

Tell all the huns you know, Inverness is as far as they go.
    They wont need their shades, buckets or spades,
    just sledges to play in the snow ,oh , oh ,oh :thumright:
  13. witsend

Tell all the huns you know,
    You should have entered the Inter Toto
    You got found out tonight,
    You really are scheidt
    And it's "Wattie and Ally must go"
  14. witsend

What do you call a Rangers fan in Europe after August?

A tourist.

15. Define provincial.

Isn't it something to do with being outwith the Capital City?
  16. :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy1: :sleepy1:
  17. witsend

:censored: :knob: :rambo: :threaten:
  18. witsend

what goes beep beep beep beep?

No not the roadrunner, but the Rangers european team bus parking up for the season.
  19. Edit:Not going to stoop to their level
  20. witsend

You lot have already been bent over and b*tt fecked!