No 9s v ROPs

D

Deleted 493

Please point me in the direction of any post or contributor that has been isolated on ROMFT, as one of the very few who has Moderation access on ROMFT, it is a new one on me

Might that be because an Admin has a greater toolkit than a Moderator?

This isn't an unknown, mikh. The procedure was discussed on the board about ten days ago when one or two wanted me booted off. And believe me, I am not at all bothered. I was wondering 'when' not 'if'.

levers

mikh

MIA
I also have limited admin rights, only three people can do anything to a members account on ROMFT, the two admin and me, we do have another moderator but only on one section of the board and that's to do with merchandising. Looked at the logs, nothing showing that you have been censured, so again I ask you to show me or point me in the direction where any action has taken by the Admin against you!

D

Deleted 493

I also have limited admin rights, only three people can do anything to a members account on ROMFT, the two admin and me, we do have another moderator but only on one section of the board and that's to do with merchandising. Looked at the logs, nothing showing that you have been censured, so again I ask you to show me or point me in the direction where any action has taken by the Admin against you!

Well, given as you've now mentioned it on there, suddenly 'new posts' are available to be seen! And lo! So is the 'reply' function. Mysterious stuff, mikh ... very mysterious. I dunno, me, y'see. Strange things happen, don't they?

Fear not though. I won't be worrying you precious souls on there any more. Slim seems to have settled into his mess square pit, Sumo is asleep on the mess covers again. As long as they are being talked about over here, they're happy.

levers

mikh

MIA
Well that certainly is strange, as I know for a fact that I have done nothing to your account. As for the Admin, one was last active on site yesterday at 18:33 and the other at 05:04 this morning, so is it possible You have had a software/settings glitch?

D

Deleted 493

Well that certainly is strange, as I know for a fact that I have done nothing to your account. As for the Admin, one was last active on site yesterday at 18:33 and the other at 05:04 this morning, so is it possible You have had a software/settings glitch?

Possibly. How strange, eh?

Never mind

levers

andym

War Hero
If I may step in here.There has been NO blocking,removal,interference or editing of ANY posts or Members on ROMFT since day one and that was 12 years ago.Not a SINGLE member has been banned in all that time.This Policy WILL continue despite any and all attempts for members to strive to become banned.As it says in the Joining Routine,ANYTHING is permissible as long as it its LEGAL!There is NO "ignore" mechanic on ROMFT,so if you don't get a reaction to your post its either that is a load of bollocks and not worthy of a reply,or members just cant be arsed to reply.ROMFT Members CANNOT be "isolated",I am the ONLY Person on ROMFT that can remove Members,they cant be sent to the naughty step for a period of time being unable to post.There is NO mechanic to restrict what can and cant be seen by Individual Members on ROMFT,i CAN restrict what can be seen but that would apply to ALL Members!So I think that just about covers it I think.Whatever you may think Levers,it aint so!

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Here's a thought. Why not take your protestations onto ROMFT?
If you wish to have Slim's racist rantings over there, you're welcome to him. I for one don't enjoy his views and find them offensive.
Saying whatever you want without fear of correction just perpetuates hate.

mikh

MIA
If you wish to have Slim's racist rantings over there, you're welcome to him. I for one don't enjoy his views and find them offensive.
Could be something to do with Leavers insinuation he had been, well if not moderated, him being Isolated,
Just as a forethought, as much as those lovable rascals on ROMFT imagine themselves to be the haven for non-moderated, non-regulated, all-inclusive and very tolerant existence in a happy, friendly environment, I am happy to report that this is indeed laughable bollocks. It is possible to exclude contributors, as long as you whinge to the right admin and get people isolated. :)

Mission accomplished.

levers

he then went on to claim there was a mechanism to do this, as a member of ROMFT who has limited admin rights, I was not aware of anything like this being available,

It's not a 'banning'. It's their device to ensure you don't see any new posts and any posts you make don't get seen. There were some calling for my banning, though.

So ... 'moderation' then.

I'm so hurt. Broken.

levers

then if you read further into the thread, although he did not come right out and say it, he insinuated that this fantasy mechanism had been lifted after he had highlighted it, andym has simply highlighted ROMFT Policy and the mechanics of the site re the fantasy mechanism Leavers said had been used against him.

I sincerely hope this clears up why andym needed to make his post

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
If I may step in here.There has been NO blocking,removal,interference or editing of ANY posts or Members on ROMFT since day one and that was 12 years ago.Not a SINGLE member has been banned in all that time.This Policy WILL continue despite any and all attempts for members to strive to become banned.As it says in the Joining Routine,ANYTHING is permissible as long as it its LEGAL!There is NO "ignore" mechanic on ROMFT,so if you don't get a reaction to your post its either that is a load of bollocks and not worthy of a reply,or members just cant be arsed to reply.ROMFT Members CANNOT be "isolated",I am the ONLY Person on ROMFT that can remove Members,they cant be sent to the naughty step for a period of time being unable to post.There is NO mechanic to restrict what can and cant be seen by Individual Members on ROMFT,i CAN restrict what can be seen but that would apply to ALL Members!So I think that just about covers it I think.Whatever you may think Levers,it aint so!

So the short version of what you’re saying is, ‘I won’t be removing a couple of posts on Romft’.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer

I didn’t find him offensive, just incredibly stupid or possibly ill. And a blowhard. Definitely needs to take a wee break from the internet.
So many ‘cool story bro’ ramblings. Did you know he has a big house in Wokingham, a friend for every occasion, in every country, every sexual orientation, every religion, every colour etc etc etc.
A bawbag and genuinely, I hope he gets better.

Latest Threads