No 9s v ROPs

I`ve been on that site since it started and the things that you have stated are just not true. Besides, banning through moderation is not moderation it`s Dictatorship. Just because you disagree with someone is not a reason for banning them. You mentioned someone putting on here your private details, whilst that is not a nice thing to do, they must have got them from somewhere that you had placed them. Appears to me that you are not to be argued with, end of. Goodbye.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's not a 'banning'. It's their device to ensure you don't see any new posts and any posts you make don't get seen. There were some calling for my banning, though.

So ... 'moderation' then.

I'm so hurt. Broken.

levers
There’s that dirty word ‘moderation’ again. So what you’re saying is if I post highly artistic photos/videos of OAP’s chewing on BBC with a climatic finish I might get moderated over in nirvana?

D

Deleted 493

I`ve been on that site since it started and the things that you have stated are just not true. Besides, banning through moderation is not moderation it`s Dictatorship. Just because you disagree with someone is not a reason for banning them. You mentioned someone putting on here your private details, whilst that is not a nice thing to do, they must have got them from somewhere that you had placed them. Appears to me that you are not to be argued with, end of. Goodbye.
Love the 'end of', and 'goodbye' bit. Well Brexit.

FYI, the people banned were banned because they failed to heed warnings (as stated already) about turning threads into pile ons about mods. It's happened a few times before, largely with the same protagonists. If you've got a warning, it's for a reason. Let me put it this way, you'd be ******* stupid to go studs up into a tackle having just been yellow carded.

And yes, I mentioned my private details. They are out there ... but so are yours. It won't take me long to find them either (however safe you feel ... you're not, believe me). However, if I fall out with you and you call me names, then I will put them up here and **** it, your family too. Why not? I mean, this is the internet. Serious stuff. There's arguments to win, and this is the only way to win them, huh? It's war. REAL war!

If you feel I am not to be argued with, then I am afraid you are wrong, and whilst this forum exists (seemingly representing the service we all have a common bond with) and there are contentious issues, the disagreements will occur. My tack has always been 'prove your statements', or 'substantiate your beliefs'. If you feel that makes me one who 'can't be argued with', then maybe you have the problem, not me.

And FYI, I have been 'moderated' on there. I'm sure they know I know and was expecting it. Breaking my heart it is. Boo hoo. Sniff.

End of. Goodbye. Etc.

levers

mikh

MIA
Just as a forethought, as much as those lovable rascals on ROMFT imagine themselves to be the haven for non-moderated, non-regulated, all-inclusive and very tolerant existence in a happy, friendly environment, I am happy to report that this is indeed laughable bollocks. It is possible to exclude contributors, as long as you whinge to the right admin and get people isolated. :)

Mission accomplished.

levers
Please point me in the direction of any post or contributor that has been isolated on ROMFT, as one of the very few who has Moderation access on ROMFT, it is a new one on me

Bollocks, absolute rubbish, no one has ever been banned off ROMFT. If you are certain, name them.
For info Hig, we have banned bots in the far and distant, but that was before new members were checked to make sure they were people rather than programmes pushing shit

D

Deleted 493

Please point me in the direction of any post or contributor that has been isolated on ROMFT, as one of the very few who has Moderation access on ROMFT, it is a new one on me
Might that be because an Admin has a greater toolkit than a Moderator?

This isn't an unknown, mikh. The procedure was discussed on the board about ten days ago when one or two wanted me booted off. And believe me, I am not at all bothered. I was wondering 'when' not 'if'.

levers

mikh

MIA
I also have limited admin rights, only three people can do anything to a members account on ROMFT, the two admin and me, we do have another moderator but only on one section of the board and that's to do with merchandising. Looked at the logs, nothing showing that you have been censured, so again I ask you to show me or point me in the direction where any action has taken by the Admin against you!

D

Deleted 493

I also have limited admin rights, only three people can do anything to a members account on ROMFT, the two admin and me, we do have another moderator but only on one section of the board and that's to do with merchandising. Looked at the logs, nothing showing that you have been censured, so again I ask you to show me or point me in the direction where any action has taken by the Admin against you!
Well, given as you've now mentioned it on there, suddenly 'new posts' are available to be seen! And lo! So is the 'reply' function. Mysterious stuff, mikh ... very mysterious. I dunno, me, y'see. Strange things happen, don't they?

Fear not though. I won't be worrying you precious souls on there any more. Slim seems to have settled into his mess square pit, Sumo is asleep on the mess covers again. As long as they are being talked about over here, they're happy.

levers

mikh

MIA
Well that certainly is strange, as I know for a fact that I have done nothing to your account. As for the Admin, one was last active on site yesterday at 18:33 and the other at 05:04 this morning, so is it possible You have had a software/settings glitch?

D

Deleted 493

Well that certainly is strange, as I know for a fact that I have done nothing to your account. As for the Admin, one was last active on site yesterday at 18:33 and the other at 05:04 this morning, so is it possible You have had a software/settings glitch?
Possibly. How strange, eh?

Never mind

levers

andym

War Hero
If I may step in here.There has been NO blocking,removal,interference or editing of ANY posts or Members on ROMFT since day one and that was 12 years ago.Not a SINGLE member has been banned in all that time.This Policy WILL continue despite any and all attempts for members to strive to become banned.As it says in the Joining Routine,ANYTHING is permissible as long as it its LEGAL!There is NO "ignore" mechanic on ROMFT,so if you don't get a reaction to your post its either that is a load of bollocks and not worthy of a reply,or members just cant be arsed to reply.ROMFT Members CANNOT be "isolated",I am the ONLY Person on ROMFT that can remove Members,they cant be sent to the naughty step for a period of time being unable to post.There is NO mechanic to restrict what can and cant be seen by Individual Members on ROMFT,i CAN restrict what can be seen but that would apply to ALL Members!So I think that just about covers it I think.Whatever you may think Levers,it aint so!

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Here's a thought. Why not take your protestations onto ROMFT?
If you wish to have Slim's racist rantings over there, you're welcome to him. I for one don't enjoy his views and find them offensive.
Saying whatever you want without fear of correction just perpetuates hate.

mikh

MIA
If you wish to have Slim's racist rantings over there, you're welcome to him. I for one don't enjoy his views and find them offensive.
Could be something to do with Leavers insinuation he had been, well if not moderated, him being Isolated,
Just as a forethought, as much as those lovable rascals on ROMFT imagine themselves to be the haven for non-moderated, non-regulated, all-inclusive and very tolerant existence in a happy, friendly environment, I am happy to report that this is indeed laughable bollocks. It is possible to exclude contributors, as long as you whinge to the right admin and get people isolated. :)

Mission accomplished.

levers
he then went on to claim there was a mechanism to do this, as a member of ROMFT who has limited admin rights, I was not aware of anything like this being available,

It's not a 'banning'. It's their device to ensure you don't see any new posts and any posts you make don't get seen. There were some calling for my banning, though.

So ... 'moderation' then.

I'm so hurt. Broken.

levers
then if you read further into the thread, although he did not come right out and say it, he insinuated that this fantasy mechanism had been lifted after he had highlighted it, andym has simply highlighted ROMFT Policy and the mechanics of the site re the fantasy mechanism Leavers said had been used against him.

I sincerely hope this clears up why andym needed to make his post

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
If I may step in here.There has been NO blocking,removal,interference or editing of ANY posts or Members on ROMFT since day one and that was 12 years ago.Not a SINGLE member has been banned in all that time.This Policy WILL continue despite any and all attempts for members to strive to become banned.As it says in the Joining Routine,ANYTHING is permissible as long as it its LEGAL!There is NO "ignore" mechanic on ROMFT,so if you don't get a reaction to your post its either that is a load of bollocks and not worthy of a reply,or members just cant be arsed to reply.ROMFT Members CANNOT be "isolated",I am the ONLY Person on ROMFT that can remove Members,they cant be sent to the naughty step for a period of time being unable to post.There is NO mechanic to restrict what can and cant be seen by Individual Members on ROMFT,i CAN restrict what can be seen but that would apply to ALL Members!So I think that just about covers it I think.Whatever you may think Levers,it aint so!
So the short version of what you’re saying is, ‘I won’t be removing a couple of posts on Romft’.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I didn’t find him offensive, just incredibly stupid or possibly ill. And a blowhard. Definitely needs to take a wee break from the internet.
So many ‘cool story bro’ ramblings. Did you know he has a big house in Wokingham, a friend for every occasion, in every country, every sexual orientation, every religion, every colour etc etc etc.
A bawbag and genuinely, I hope he gets better.

andym

War Hero
Personally I think you should take some action. But you’ve made yourself clear.
One of the Founding Tenets of ROMFT was that there was to be NO moderation and for 12 years no post has come close to me thinking about binning it or a member.I think that says something about the way we work over there,if the stats were available,I wonder just how many Posts on RR have been removed and how many Members have been Banned.I would think that to have zero posts removed and zero members banned in 12 Years must be some kind of Internet Website Record.If a post offends,let there be comments,but at the end of the day we are all adults and have the choice to either post or not to post.I have found that eventually either the threads fizzle out or the Member moves on,there is no real need of having somebody who has been "appointed" as the Arbiter of Truth and Reason on ROMFT.If somebody posts like a cnut,then its there for everyone to see.

D

Deleted 493

Dude. Caps lock, much?

Anyway, we only have your word on what gives backstage at ROMFT. As said, it matters little. I will say this, for several hours on multiple browsers yesterday, no new posts appeared on your site to this callsign. And my 'reply' function wasn't available in posts. The fact that you yourself are on here defending this either spells something or other out (i.e. you're rattled by the accusation that you actually have this function) or your site has been hacked. Given one of your fragrant members sent me a PM on there which could be interpreted as a threat ... actually, come to think about it, two messages, as well as his incitement to others commit criminal damage with the intent to endanger life) and you say 'anything goes', I'd say it's open to interpretation.

One of the Founding Tenets of ROMFT was that there was to be NO moderation and for 12 years no post has come close to me thinking about binning it or a member.
No one has asked you to, as far as I can recall. Well, at least I haven't. People have asked for me to be binned however. One, because Slim dragged the dispute on here over there and two, because certain members of a certain timestamp don't seem to be able to accept the Royal Navy has moved on without their 'glory days' stewardship. It's ironic that such supposedly robust individuals have such thin skin, when it comes to someone like me - ostensibly straddling the two eras talked about - comments from an informed position of before and after.

I think that says something about the way we work over there,if the stats were available,I wonder just how many Posts on RR have been removed and how many Members have been Banned.
Well, never mind, eh? What is RRs loss is ROMFTs gain. I don't take pride in warning, then banning members but if they demonstrate overt behaviors against site policy, then that's what moderators are there to do. Don't forget, on this site it says 'Navy Net - Royal Navy Community' up at the top there and there are people who might happen by this site and gauge it's content thus. I'll leave you to work out how that fits in with moderation, turning threads into minority baiting, then turning on the mods who try to stop that and then their exclusion.

I would think that to have zero posts removed and zero members banned in 12 Years must be some kind of Internet Website Record.
Well, give yourselves a pat on the back. Given your posting membership contributions is pretty narrow and from a particularly hollow echo chamber with only AAC and Maxi77 offering countering opinion (and **** me, don't they get some shit, considering they come across as knowledgeable, well-balanced individuals), I'd say you'd be hard pushed to ban anyone for fear of say, having your personal details mined from various sources and stuck up for comment as an act of retaliation or revenge.

If a post offends,let there be comments,but at the end of the day we are all adults and have the choice to either post or not to post.I have found that eventually either the threads fizzle out or the Member moves on,there is no real need of having somebody who has been "appointed" as the Arbiter of Truth and Reason on ROMFT.If somebody posts like a cnut,then its there for everyone to see.
Except on here, when certain opinions are opened up for examination, set against real facts and real data, when people are asked 'why?' and the rationale behind it - especially things like Brexit - it quickly renders down to the uncomfortable topic of people's personal bias and prejudices. Immigrants, gypsies, Big Issue sellers, the unemployed, the disadvantaged. And then, when it becomes unsustainable, we'll then start playing the player, hey, let's look back and get this bastards personal details out, his career, attack the moderator, attack anything else which is effectively offside (like my wife, what next ... my deceased daughter? That is somewhere on here as well). It's a common tactic and evidently so on ROMFT. So, again, congratulate yourself on that. You must be proud to be in and amongst such vindictive and mendacious company. Weaponising personal details is something even I could do, relatively easily. I might be many things, but I am not like that.

Andy, I've had discussions with site admin about my role and conduct on here and where Slim and Sumo are concerned, maybe I could have reined in the vitriol a tad. But they both have had form for running roughshod on here and now they are gone. They belong to you now on your free-for-all supposedly matelot-representative site which is anything but really. There's a lot of old men on there who have questionable mindsets, opinions and intents and precious little which represents anything I know of in dark blue today. And yes, I was over in Portsmouth Naval Base today, on a ship, with jack and jenny and contractors, doing my job. No one talks about or gives a fat one about history, let alone failed, antediluvian old chimps who haven't worn uniform in donkeys years and know nowt about the RN, fomenting caustic 'bants' on some dark corner of the internet.

You're very welcome to your record, and your website. Both are as far from what the navy is about as a cat is to a lawnmower.

levers

Last edited by a moderator:

andym

War Hero
Well its your right to question the veracity of my claims,if you find that there were posts "unavailable" to you,i can only assume its an issue either with our service Provider that is not UK based and your Internet provider.I know what happens on ROMFT.As for PM's,it is exactly what it says Private,i have NO ability to view members PM's at all and by the same token wouldn't want to.I am on here "defending" my Website due to erroneous posts regarding it on here.Its up to you if you believe me or not but I am not in the habit of telling porkies!

D

Deleted 493

Well its your right to question the veracity of my claims,if you find that there were posts "unavailable" to you,i can only assume its an issue either with our service Provider that is not UK based and your Internet provider.I know what happens on ROMFT.As for PM's,it is exactly what it says Private,i have NO ability to view members PM's at all and by the same token wouldn't want to.I am on here "defending" my Website due to erroneous posts regarding it on here.Its up to you if you believe me or not but I am not in the habit of telling porkies!
What exactly is 'going to Action Stations over there' by the way? You've hinted at some or other 'website war'. Is that a well-adjusted way of dealing with this matter? It seems pretty typical of the attitude over there - tough guys (well into their autumnal, if not winter years) being a bit outspoken about stuff they know little about.

'Attitudes adjusted'. How quaint.

levers

Latest Threads