No 4 trousers

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Jimpy, Oct 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They were as stiff as a board when they were issued, I've washed them three times (outside in) and they're streaky as though I've put tram lines in them(without ironing), except they're like kriss crossing tram lines!!!!!

Is this normal or have I got a rouge pair?

Yours in discontented ironing. :(
  2. wash them twice more and they'll turn into a decent pair of Nos 8's!
  3. Get the Chogi man to boil them for you and he will iron them as well.

4. No, thats normal. Join boats, wash occasionally and never iron :lol:
  5. Unfortunately thats not poss............but never say never eh.
  6. Why were you issued with Breton red trousers? :roll: :lol:
  7. well done for spotting the deliberate mistake

The prize will be en route to you as soon as you PM me with your bank account details :lol:

I thought my old woolen tunic trousers were hard to iron, F*ck me.
  8. To bring colour to his cheeks :wink:
  9. What did you wash em with? Sometimes if you was em with fabric softner it brings the blue dye out. Its happened with a pair of mine when some lass decided her pair that was going in with the group dhobing needed to smell extra nice.
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...get DHP to stick 'em through the Hobart after Watchkeepers' Scran has finished! :thumbleft:
  11. They were stiff because of the fire retardant stuff they put in em. After a few washes they loosen up and you have to iron the shit out of them.

Saying that I'm an ex RN Chef and was mostly in whites or in my rack.
  12. What colour :?
  13. Ooooo, baby sailor suits.... :roll: :D

14. Those two in the bottom right of that phot look a bit too familiar with each other.
  15. And I don't think much of the Portsmouth FC defensive wall on the left either.
  16. Damn, I knew I shouldn't have posted that one! :oops: Will Granny ever forgive me! 8O (PS: He's the one on top, naturally! :twisted: )
  17. The Chinese have got it right....we do all look the same. Just thought I recognised a couple of the lads, then realised it was probably taken before I was born :D
  18. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I'd never be seen in a Silk like that.
  19. Don't you remember... It was taken in your Nozzer days. To your left is Whitemouse's dad (a baby crusher) and your POGI was my grandad! ;)