No. 1BWs... build your own Bush Jacket?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by TheRowan, Feb 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been trying to put together my Bush Jacket for 1BW... I think I've got all the buttons etc. on in the right place, but can't for the life of me work out what to do with the little brass hooky-bits (look like a piece of thick brass wire bent double on itself and the curved into a fish-hook shape). Can anyone tell me where I'm supposed to stick them? (If you'll pardon the expression :p)

Edit to add: This is officer's rig, in case it wasn't evident from the fact that I'm asking for help on how to dress myself...

2. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

At the side of the suit there is a hole. Take the hook thing and from the inside push the end through. The aim is to have the hook thing outside and able to support the white belt.

Hope that helps.

3. On the JR's kit the little hooky things you speak of, go at the bottom of the zip to keep the corners of the jacket together. My guess is that the hooky thing goes at the bottom like on the JR's jacket.

On Army and RM no1 tunics the hooky things are used to secure the collar which comes high up the neck:
    [​IMG]

There is a phot here which should give you an idea of where the buttons go.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/media-type/officer-formal-1bw

4. Good call, I forgot about those.

Army and RM uniforms also have these.

5. That's brilliant, thanks... so does it go through the little flap on the inside of the jacket too?

6. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

No the flap is laid over the end do you do not have bare skin against metal. It being a tropical suit the reasons should be obvious.

7. Ah, I've got it now... the flap with the two holes stops the hook rotating. Not that I'm likely to need it straight away when I get on ship, but it's good to have it sorted out. Thanks for your help!

8. Hope your not an engineer!!! :D