No 1’s to family funeral during INT

Bloejogs

Midshipman
Hi all, for context I’m currently at Raleigh about halfway through training. Friday I was met by a WO1 I’ve spoke to a few times asking me to collect my phone and apologised in advance. Called home and my grandfather had passed away. Without too much depressing detail he wanted to make it to my passing out parade. Spoke to him 2 days prior.

I’ve asked my DI’s and a bish for help in getting my No 1s early, or even just renting them, borrowing them to attend the funeral service and burial. Has anybody been through something similar? Is it offensive to even ask for them in such a case? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

Ballistic

War Hero
Hi all, for context I’m currently at Raleigh about halfway through training. Friday I was met by a WO1 I’ve spoke to a few times asking me to collect my phone and apologised in advance. Called home and my grandfather had passed away. Without too much depressing detail he wanted to make it to my passing out parade. Spoke to him 2 days prior.

I’ve asked my DI’s and a bish for help in getting my No 1s early, or even just renting them, borrowing them to attend the funeral service and burial. Has anybody been through something similar? Is it offensive to even ask for them in such a case? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated
Absolutely NOT offensive.
Do everything you can to make this happen.
Sorry for your sad loss.
I was unable to wear my No.1s for my dad's funeral due to some ridiculously petty circumstances caused by the Egyptians and I've been bitter about it ever since.

Bloejogs

Midshipman
Absolutely NOT offensive.
Do everything you can to make this happen.
Sorry for your sad loss.
I was unable to wear my No.1s for my dad's funeral due to some ridiculously petty circumstances caused by the Egyptians and I've been bitter about it ever since.
Thanks guys (Wrecker and dapper also) I just wasn’t sure if not even “earning” them in training yet and requesting them early would be offensive to those that have earned theirs. Sorry for your losses. I’ll speak to the WO1 who took the call from my Dad and ask if he can help me in this in anyway

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Thanks guys (Wrecker and dapper also) I just wasn’t sure if not even “earning” them in training yet and requesting them early would be offensive to those that have earned theirs. Sorry for your losses. I’ll speak to the WO1 who took the call from my Dad and ask if he can help me in this in anyway
You don't "earn" your Nos 1's, your entitled to them, the tailors just haven't finished them yet.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I thought you still got issued everything on your first day?
When do they issue them now?

(Slightly off topic, I know but I’m just curious).

Firstly, very sorry for your loss.
Definitely speak to your DI and the WO1 that took the call, as has been said they’re yours, I’m sure arrangements can be made.
Also sounds like you were close with your grandfather please seek support from the Bish, DI, or classmates etc. it’s okay to NOT be okay!!

Good luck with the rest of your training shipmate.

huwshpis

War Hero
I never got my tailored No1s! Somebody nicked the parcel they cam in and emptied it, then stuffed the packaging in a void space behind the lockers in the JRs' changing room. It didn't matter too much, we were issued No3's as well (hairy serge) and I just put my gold branch badge on them. I commissioned before a second No1 suit could be provided and went into No5's that had originally been my father's best doeskin uniform.

Latest Threads