Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NN new editor

tiddlyoggy said:
Am I the only one wondering why so many matelots read "Soldier" magazine. I don't give a fukc about Percy, (well not enough to read their publications anyway). I only look at ARSSE when there's a link on here that look's like it may be interesting/amusing.

It's a good read mate, most of it is Tri-Service relevant.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Montigny_La_Palisse said:

Yes, I wouldn't dispute that. I have seen it in the past (one of my sister's used to be married to a pongo :oops: ), but it seems a lot of the lads on here actually go out of their way to read it, not like it was in the mess on deployment when you read anything. That "devoted" readership is what I find a little odd.

tiddlyoggy said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:

Yes, I wouldn't dispute that. I have seen it in the past (one of my sister's used to be married to a pongo :oops: ), but it seems a lot of the lads on here actually go out of their way to read it, not like it was in the mess on deployment when you read anything. That "devoted" readership is what I find a little odd.

I've never seen it on ships but it's everywhere in Iraq and Afghanistan. Working in a tri-service environment I see it every month. I don't go out of my way to pick it up but it's good material when having a massive sh1te.

Latest Threads