Nippers allowed on Lusty during Liverpool visit (Oct) ??

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Andrew_1980, Sep 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi again all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, please move it if it is.. anyway, does anyone have any idea if toddlers will be allowed on the Lusty when it visits the 'pool in October? Or know of anywhere I can find an answer? Would love to take my 2 year old nephew along.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

2. Yep Ship open to visitors The ship will be alongside Princess jetty24th 25th 26 27th OCT. October 2009, the Invincible Class aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious will visit Liverpool and spend the weekend receiving visitors in the city. http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/181008HMSLusty1066-1(1).jpg

The city, whose dock area is listed as a World Heritage Site in recognition of its outstanding maritime history, will be the only city other than London to be visited by an aircraft carrier in the 100th year of naval aviation.

These days, the berths of the River Mersey are more used to receiving cruise liners than warships, and the sight of ‘Battleship Grey’ always draws large crowds. When HMS Ark Royal visited in June 2008, thousands took the opportunity to step aboard, and thousands more lined the banks of the river to wish her well when she sailed.

3. It scares me to think It;s been over a year since I went to visit Ark Royal back when I first started my application process.

*sigh*

4. Further to my last :wink: J SOTV will be on the Sunday (25)and Monday (26)when LUST is in Liverpool.

Sunday will be from 1300 (after the flypast) to 1700 and Monday will be 1000-1600. The plan is to open up the flightdeck this time so that the visitors can see the aircraft.

On the Saturday all the effort will be going into getting the hanagr rigged for the RM Band Concert that is going on that evening.

5. How did you find out that HMS Illustrious will be visiting Liverpool in october ? Just want a bit more info on the visit thanks :D

6. Scouse is on the distribution list :p

7. I'm a nipper too :razz: Can I come along? :D :wink:

8. Cheers for the replies folks, little lad will be happy. :)

9. Hi Andrew!

He can go on board, but I guess you know that by now!

He will have to either walk or be carried, though, as he won't be able to take his pushchair on with him.

10. :roll: My next door neighbours best mate, whose a friend of the milkman,that drinks in my local, down the road on Sunday !!!!! :wink: :wink:

11. Excellent, the pushchair thing was something I needed to ask about yet forgot so thanks for that Soleil.

Until next time! :twisted:

12. Andrew,

I'm told that there should be a buggy park next to the ship so you can leave it there while you go onboard with your nephew.

13. Can you wheelclamp a pushchair, or have they laid on a sniper? 8O :D :wink:

14. :D
    No dissrespect to the scousers :wink: but i suspect that if it aint tied down or imobalised then it will get nicked :D

15. Know ones mentioned the old joke, "If the aircraft carrier was on wheels, it would be bricked up and left their" :roll: :roll: :roll:

16. Scouse

Will you be gracing the ship with your presence at any point?

17. Be their for the Flypast ,after hooking up with Red Sailor, to return his book, Would have liked to see the Royal Marine Band Concert, but think its one of those ,wink wink by appointment only. Would be dissapointed, if i went onboard SOTV, being an old and bold Buccaneer boy Cats and Wires :cry:

18. Slight error Scouse,
    the ship will be alongside from Thursday the 22nd of Oct until Tuesday the 27th at Liverpool Cruise terminal which is adjacent to Princes Parade.

The ship will be open to visitors on the Sun and Mon BUT THE TIMES HAVE YET TO BE CONFIRMED.. the times have changed five times already as has the fly past time.

It is expected that around 10 thousand plus visitors are expected on the Pierhead area over the weekend, also Queen Mary 2 is alongside two days before hand and is expected to have a even bigger crowd.

19. :wink: :wink: http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/181008HMSLusty1066-1(1).jpg

20. Slight error Scouse,
    the ship will be alongside from Thursday the 22nd of Oct until Tuesday the 27th at Liverpool Cruise terminal which is adjacent to Princes Parade.

The ship will be open to visitors on the Sun and Mon BUT THE TIMES HAVE YET TO BE CONFIRMED.. the times have changed five times already as has the fly past time.

[/quote]

LG,

The times have been confirmed and are now in print in the latest FN100 flyer. As Scouse says, it will be Sunday 25th Oct 1300-1700 and Monday 26th Oct 1000-1700.

Regards,
    Jambosun