Ninja.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Stirlin, Oct 2, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  1. Thanks, Stirlin. And thanks, Ninja, for a hugely impressive account.

2. It was up in the gallery about 2 years ago with a much shorter written comment , then as now I put it in the forum for all to read , as NS says he hopes it does not put off any potential recruits , he could be out of a job ;).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice one Ninja.
    Very good indeed.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Cheers. I posted it on ARRSE with the intention of recording it as a bit of Naval history/work in progress.

There are those on record who believe such things should not in any way be linked or associated with the modern Navy or indeed recruiting, hence the reason for not posting the article itself on Navy Net:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ........as you say in the piece it reaches a much bigger audience on ARRSE as can be seen by the response , one comment , I think it was ATG , explaining what the Naval equivalent of 'F**k this for a game of soldiers' when tackling hot acetylene bottles could be ROMFT but not relevant today as T , 'the 12' is no more , we used the version 'Roll on my f*****g time ' in the 3 ships I served on . S'pose ' time' version could be relevant but Jack of today probably has others.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Do he mean me? Was just biting if he do x

7. Posting it on here could have been fun though. I could just imagine one of the questions to Ninja, "What kind of iron did you have onboard?" ;)
    Actually Ninja, what kind of...................

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Thanks for posting it Nina, very interesting, I didn't know Stokers could write.

What sort of wood are the wedges made of, do they shape them with or against the grain?

Well done mate, a very good insight from someone that has been at the coal face.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Another good one to express disappointment or a retort to try to stop the brown adrenalin leaking down your leg is ..... '' F***ing shave off ''

• Like Like x 2
  10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

The title 'stoker' is a legacy one. No coal or shovels were involved.

11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Where does "shiver me timbers" fit in?

12. When the gallon of mead and pint of rum is still not enough :(

13. An excellent telling of how it really is to be under fire on a RN frigate. Thank you Ninja.

14. He gave me a virtual slap on ARRSE for calling him Nina!

15. Ninja_Stoker

;) I doubt anyone noticed.

16. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Did you do it on a weekday? You know Nina is a weekend thing, though the stockings and sussies are always on under his rig.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ninja_Stoker

Tsk, I sent those photos in the strictest confidence.

• Like Like x 1
  18. What? The ones on Tumblr?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ninja_Stoker

This is true, no fossil fuels were shovelled, nor dolphins harmed in the writing of the thread.