Nine Commandments for New Recruits

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SJRM_RN, Apr 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The 'new' training package for recruits entering HMS RALEIGH from May this year has been outlined in the Navy News. Information can be found HERE.

It would seem that failure of the PJFT on day 2 means a fail for the course, no remedial package - you're out by the looks of it. Fair enough, anyone should be fit enough to pass the basic standard required, especially after the long wait people are having at the moment.

Enjoy :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
  2. Is this the 10 weeks also done by Officers at Raleigh now?

3. You buggers best get those miles pushed out so the fitness tests won't be an issue!

4. SERE - Survive, Evade, Resist (Interrogation), Extract. Hopefully this will be caught before the issue goes to print...

oh, and the 10th Commandment - use the f*cking search tool!

5. that sounds wonderful, cant wait.

6. Looking good to me.

7. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They have missed the 10th 'Commandment' and that is, having joined the RN you have realised your inferiority and should have joined the Army! :)

8. He has... although said spelling out of acronym was given to him by the Raleigh team :-o

As for the occifers, apparently the nine commandments are being introduced in January according to BRNC who I was talking to yesterday - and it will be delivered at Dartmouth, not Raleigh.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  9. Obviously in training for when they bring back the Naval Division due to lack of ships...

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So which Commandment includes "Rules of Uckers" and "Channel Night SOPs"..?

11. And Neptune looked down 0n Raleigh and was bemused for numpties continued to turn to unprepared for his acolytes training regime.
    And lo he decided to enscribe his Commandments on an eroded piece of Rockall and deliver it to the editor of Navy News for promulgation throughout the Fleet.
    1) Thou shalt get off thine chuff and run so that thou can pass the PJFT when thou arrive at Raleigh.
    2) Thou shalt get thine Mother to teach thee to iron so that you can pass a kit muster first time every time.
    3) Thou had better have been honest on thine medical declaration.
    4) Thou shalt not over indulge in alcohol, speed in your car, commit random acts of violence and or rape or pillage your community.
    5) Thou not think that because thou were a Naval, Army or (Me Forbid) an Air Cadet that thou art the best thing since sliced unleavened baked products.
    6) Thou shalt not whine about the Raleigh assault course, mine Bootnecks use it as a warm up for the 30 Miler, so build a fricken viaduct.
    7) If thine use more than 10 salty sea dog RN Jackspeak words a day in week one of your Training your Classmates may kick you repeatedly in the gonads.
    8) Thou shalt dine in the galley and like it! I forbid thee Maccas, PizzaHut and Burger King, these are for real sailors only. Those waistlines don't come easy you know.
    9) Mine very own Bootnecks must be gievn all due reverence...or thou shalt feel my wrath verily!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  12. Sounds fun...
    I wonder if (in the ration packs) they still give that immitation chocolate 'Yorkie' bar with the 'Not For Girls' slogan on and will we have to pick up all the blank rounds at the end of each exercise. Thats a task in itself. ::)

13. sgtpepperband

Crikey! You sounded edumacated there, NZB... :wink:

So what's the Royal's Commandment then?

1) And lo! After your 32-week pilgrimage you will achieve greatness; only then will God present you with your laurels of Green.
    2) God will address you thus: "Would you like half a brain or a chunky watch?"
    3) And you will reply: "Chunky watch please, Saar!"

:twisted:

14. Half a brain!! I was seen orf, the barsteward got all mine!
    Still got me chunky Timex though so I seen him orf really, it's got lumen....liminuos....those glow in the dark hands too!

15. sgtpepperband

Hmm... :?

[​IMG]

16. Not for girls? You mean not for civvies?

17. No way, that classy timepiece was only awarded on completion of the Junior Command Course.
    I was issued the bells and whistles brand spankers new.....
    BAM2005_ACTION%20MAN_WATCH%20AND%20RADIO%20SET_195.jpg
    As you can see it comes with it's own cock pump and testicle electrode titilation devices.

18. Thats the one

:)

19. yes, they still have the "not for civvies" on the yorkey bars!!

i had my final brief on friday and got given the 9 week basic training programme. I asked the careers guy who was taking the brief if it had gone up to 10 weeks and his reply: "they havent had any official papers confirming it".
    I was wondering if N_S or SM have recieved them? and whether its starting in May, September or January?
    cheers

20. sgtpepperband

Ooh, hoofin'! Two's up... :thumbleft: