Nimrod crash

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by wafu_bstard, Sep 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad news all round on this one, thoughts to families.

Also a, as usual press speculation without thought of people at home, will these people ever learn the consequence of their actions.
    b, what the effin is there a helpline for, a well practised routine exists to inform families. Anything else is just got to be creating confusion & open to all and sundry always invites fruitloops.

Yet another grim time
  2. my thoughts and condolences go out to their friends and families
  3. AS well as mine
  4. Is it just me or does anyone else think the scumbag media should stick to reporting available facts rather than shoving their speculation and opinion down our throats?

While I'm on the subject of facts, why is the MoD so crap at handling the media? Put someone in MoD who understands the speed at which the media works these days and can therefore feed them facts as and when appropriate to do so. MoD Helpline? What shite, who was it supposed to be for?

I am so sorry for the families and loved ones of all concerned. They deserve much better all around.

RIP guys :cry:

5. RIP lads.

Bring em all home, now.
  6. Not good. My thoughts are with family and close friends.
  7. My condolences to the families and relatives .

Have great respect for Nimrods and their crews.

WTF was a Nimrod doing out there anyway apart from that they have a very good in flight safety record.
  8. Same sentiment here.

9. Familes have been informed previous to this being announced.

10. RIP
    a truly sad day
  11. Nimrod is a top ISTAR platform , (ok in jack speak he has gucci cameras
    night and day)
  12. Heavy heart when I read early on about the loss thinking at first it was a Herk. Condolences to the families and friends.

I read there was a bootie on board??

I think the last Nimrod loss was at the Toronto air show few years back??

Tragic and very sad.
  13. Over 25 years in the P-3 Navy.. Flew the "chute" Kef to Kinlos for years.. Worked with Nimrod crews on a regular basis.. Good people all.. They shall be missed.. RIP

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  14. very sad news, and yet again the MOD couldn't be arsed to set up a FREE PHONE hot line but a "local rate" one instead profit from loss.

NOt good

15. RIP - more forces that'll be sadly missed
  16. Just heard about this and am completely numb. Words cannot even begin to explain what their poor families are now going through. My thoughts are with them all.

The Nimrod guys do a tough but excellent job and its just got a whole lot tougher. RIP guys.

17. RIP people, deepest condolences to your loved ones.
  18. I haven't worked with these guys but it's heart wrenching anyway god speed guys. RIP
  19. what pisses me off is the fact in some of the"better" papers they are full of Diana & this stoty has been pushed back into the papers, i only saw it as a headline in the Star.
  20. R.I.P. lads, and condolences to your loved ones.