Nimbyism at its worst

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Nov 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is well known that Charles Windsor is a vociferous campaigner for renew­able energy sources such wind turbines but he is opposed to turbines being erected on Highgrove land or the Duchy of Cornwall land, he has stated that they are a ‘horrendous blot on the landscape’.

However they (the royals) are set to earn many millions from the profits of offshore windfarms as the seabed, all 7,700 miles of it is owned by The Crown Estate from mean low water to the 12-nautical-mile limit.

The fact that the Crown Estate manages the seabed for the Queen is feudal and an anachronism, we are quick enough to describe other countries as living in the middle-ages.

It would appear that from 2012 onwards when this system of funding kicks in that the monarchy budget may well double to around 68 million.

This boost to Royal finances was quietly slipped through as part of the recent Comprehensive Spending Review.

We are all in this together, no shit! :evil:

2. If the Royal Estate gets money from windfarms and plenty of it may just follow that they don't need to dip into the public purse for so many readies.I as a humble taxpayer see this possibility a benefit not as a reason to complain.
    Prince Charles doesn't want a windfarm on his estate and he is by no means alone in that respect.He may have a little more clout in getting his way and his arguements well well give ammunition to those who are not so well placed.

5. If I was an advocate of the conspiracy theory I might think that the Eton cabal, namely Peat, Cameron and Osborne got together on this one. The Windsor’s income is set to double while we plebs face the grim consequences of the global financial meltdown.

7. The Royal family gets 60p a year from every person in the country. Personally I think that is a bit of a bargain considering how much revenue they bring into the country.

If you can't afford half pence a month then you must be on benefits?
    :twisted:

8. Nothing to do with benifits which i am not on and never have been .I think whay is been said is the money to com from the wind farms should go in to help clear this deficit.Also what is been said is stop the hangers on like that krout of a princess

9. I don't disagree with that, But I sincerely hope you are pissed mate because even at my worst my spelling is better than that. 8O

10. Get back in your box - Les is no newbie in need of any lessons - just get used to his style and you'll be quite safe.

Bob

11. Unlike your maths? :)

12. I was the counting stoker what's your excuse :lol:

13. :lol:

A few years ago I would have also dripped about the cost of the monarchy - but age, study and contemplation have made me possibly the only anarcho-monarchist in the world :? .

Happy with my shilling a month. :king:

14. Yes,but how much more money could we get if we sold them off to the yanks?

15. I think the Germans should be offered first refusal.

The Yanks might be more interested in Blair.

16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I think they''ve still got the receipt... :wink:

17. As the Windsor Clan are in receipt of state handouts can we expect to see them coming along your street soon, picking up rubbish along with the rest of the work shy?

18. Ermmm. Probably not.But then I never see any one in reciept of state benefits picking up rubbish , only those that get paid to do it.

19. Finks
    I think that you will find that the main core Royals work harder than most of us for their living. it is some years since the public purse was reduced so that those on the Royal fringes were cut off from public funds.
    Now the Queen and Phil the Greek are still putting the hours in long past the time when they should be collecting their pensions and sitting on their Royal arses. :p

20. Are you frightened of losing your prolific job then? :lol: