Nigeria shuts down for key census

D

Deleted 7

The streets of Nigeria's main cities are quiet, as people have been told to stay at home and wait to be counted in the first census for 15 years.
The headcount is sensitive, as funding and political representation depend on the results but questions of religion and ethnicity have been left out.

There is frustration in many places that the process has started slowly.

Nigeria's president has stressed that the five-day census is not political and urged people to remain calm.

Nigeria is Africa's most populous country but estimates of its population range from 120 to 150 million
Full story

Supposed to go there for a client this week, and for the first time ever I blew them out
No problem with Israel etc. But Nigerians are Nuts !!!
Crazy crazy place, anything goes (usually yer wallet) !!
Zulus, bloody thousands of em

shiner

Midshipman
Got to agree. Did my penance there in 1993/4. Every scam in the book and then some. It's the only place in the world I've been where Expats were reluctant to go on leave because of the corruption and hassle at the airport on the way out.

It used to be the garden of Africa but the oil industry has inadvertently discouraged food production because of their high wages so what food is grown in country is in the north and by the time it gets to the south it's useless.

Shiner

Standard operating procedure really, oil companies DO pay money to them but as in most of the world, the big fat government types keep it all and let the average Joe starve.
Still, if only they could stop you getting raped at the airport by every man and his dog, more people might dare to work there..... won't hold my breath though.

D

Deleted 7

You see, I don't have to visit Nigeria to know what they are like.

I had a Nigerian stalker whilst I was living in the UK. It got to the extreme that the police had to sit out side my house during the night.

Thankfully after 4 months he buggered off, found out I didn't have to deal with him, another lass did. Local bill told be he was deported.

That really pee'd off his friends and didn't help me lol

I knew a good nigerian guy studying English in Guzz, he told me a story once....
Him and his mate were on a bus going from one town to another in Nigeria when they were stoped and kicked off the bus by bandits. They told everyone with money to seperate from the rest and robbed them.
They then proceeded to cut "poor" into the chests of the ones with no money with their knives. It is well known that bandits "rent" their guns from the cops, do a robbery and then give the guns and a percentage of the loot back to the cops.
What a shit pit !!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS More Britons to return from Nigeria on UK charter flights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nigeria: invitation to tender for purchase of 30 IED detectors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM meeting with President of Nigeria: 20 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS International Development Secretary Alok Sharma visit Nigeria in first overseas trip MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary: UK backs Nigeria in fight against extremism MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK lawyers embark on government mission to boost legal services in Nigeria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary reaffirms commitment to fight against terror in Nigeria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary champions UK-Nigeria trade and partnership MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK bolster training in Nigeria to help combat Boko Haram MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK military chief visits British training team in Nigeria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK to increase support to Nigeria MoD News 0
janner Another result from Nigeria The Gash Barge 4
T Nightmare in Nigeria (86 wives and counting...) Diamond Lil's 3
NotmeChief Nigeria: Battle Line! UK to Declare War on Delta Militants Current Affairs 1
Seadog Pipeline Explosion in Nigeria (26 Dec 06) Current Affairs 12
MoD_RSS Press release: Court shuts down Store First and related companies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Court shuts down companies behind £9m truffle scam MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Court shuts down fraudulent interior design company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Investigation shuts down multi-million ‘Ponzi’ property scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New anti-bullying helpline to clamp down on poor behaviour in the military MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Car parking investment companies shut down in court MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online cryptocurrency trading platform shut down by courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cabinet Secretary to stand down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA Chairman Andrew Tyrie to step down MoD News 0
BillyNoMates List of statues to be pulled down and the reason(s) why. Diamond Lil's 23
MoD_RSS Courts shut down rogue education publisher MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost to crack down on the Illegal Wildlife Trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Clamping down on risk of unsafe PPE MoD News 0
soleil The News: "Royal Navy Destroyer Prone To Breaking Down In The Gulf Leaves Portsmouth For Key Engine Upgrade" The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS Trade Remedies Authority Chief Executive Designate steps down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sir Ian Cheshire to stand down as Government’s Lead Non-Executive Director MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government cracks down on spread of false coronavirus information online MoD News 0
BillyNoMates The Lock-Down thread 2020. Diamond Lil's 500
MoD_RSS Government knocks down barriers to productivity for tenant farmers MoD News 0
C Life at worthy down as a RFA chef apprentice RFA 12
MoD_RSS A raft of ideas to help track down the elusive water vole MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women leading the way in breaking down boundaries in science and innovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Save the Children UK let down complainants and public over handling of allegations of workplace harassment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Housing Secretary clamps down on shoddy housebuilders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary celebrates UK-Australia trading ties as Cambridge-based business invests £100m Down Under MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Journeys to be planned down to the minute as open data revitalises bus use across England MoD News 0
soleil Mail: RM Found Face Down In Freezing Water During Beach Assault Exercise - Update The Corps 6
MoD_RSS HPV vaccine drives cancer causing infections down to very low levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Passengers to plan journeys down to the minute as big data revitalises country’s bus use MoD News 0
soleil FB: RN Photographers: What Happens If A Pilot Goes Down Behind Enemy Lines? Video By LPhot Dan Shepherd The Fleet Air Arm 0
MoD_RSS Veterinary Medicine Directorate telephone lines are down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SIR KENNETH BLOOMFIELD TO STEP DOWN FROM ICLVR MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More funding to help crack down on criminal landlords MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New solar panels generate savings at Worthy Down MoD News 0