Nickname for submariners?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by harry_threaders, Jan 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, anyone know the matelot nickname for a submariner? Just been asked the question and can't think of it! :???:

2. the friendly one is DEEPS!
  3. Cheers! Is there an unfriendly one??
  4. sundodgers, soapdodgers, the great unwashed,
  5. The chosen ones, Golden Dolphins on his chest make him one of Britains best. All depends if your talking about proper submariners or nuclear ones.

Only 2 types of Ships, Submarines and Targets.

And Yes I know that Subs are Boats, its just a saying!!!!
  6. stinkbombs, skanky twats, loafing gits, (made that last one up ;) )
  7. Super, Handsome, debonair, :neutral:
  8. overpaid war dodgers with an allergy to soap and all things to do with personal hygene
  9. that int fair!!. Iused to have 3 socks that I rotated so one could be washed every week
  10. You missed out the Rich mate.

11. So why do you all dress like pikey's then :???:
  12. deters skimmers from bumming drink :cool:
  13. Good to see you awake Lamri, because we were always undercover and we liked to. :lol:

14. Stinky Sinkies?
  15. lol, I don't mind that, its just the walking round the dockyard selling "lucky heather" and asking people if they like "dags" that gets me :D
  16. Don't whatever you do call them 'sailors', they get very touch and remind you 'I'm not a sailor, I'm a submariner'.
  17. Read your palm sir? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

18. wot About Pre-Packed Coffin Ratings :lol:
  19. fails_as_is

fails_as_is Badgeman Book Reviewer

somewhat out of date now, but I've heard of us being reffered to as "boat people"
  20. The cream of the Royal Navy was our nick name when I was in. Anyone can be a skimmer,you have to be recommended to be a Submariner.