Nicking an armoured vehicle?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Richie, Feb 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good old Daily Mail and its factual reporting.

"Hoehne Barracks", that would be Hohne Barracks.

Why a picture of a CR2 when they say he nicked "an armoured command car" (=Sultan?) and "a tracked armoured ambulance" (=Samaritan), both being CVR(T)!

"9th/12th Royal Lancers are currently based in Hohne, Northern Germany in the role of a Reconnaissance regiment under the command of 7 Armoured Brigade (The Desert Rats)." That's from looking on the Army website of all of 10 seconds. Formation Reconnaissance are equipped with CVR(T) and not MBT.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Well the sporting chap gave the donkey wallopers red caps two goes at catching him, cant be all bad then can he?

3. Sounds like a good laugh to me. Reminds me of the days before it all went wrong.

4. He will now be part of the regiments history forever.

5. Deja Vu....our kid did exactly the same thing, same place 38 years ago :lol:

6. Makes like borrowing the, bus from Elgin. to HMS Fulmar as a non event :oops: :oops: :wink:

7. I thought 9/12 lancers were MBT. They were when they were resident at Bovington before their move to Swanton Morely!!!

And CVR(T) should that not be 432's, and Warriors!!!!

8. Same sort of thing happened when I visited my eldest daughter & her tribe when she lived in Tidworth. Young lad, pissed and homesick, waltzed away in an AFV. When I asked if anyone had been hurt, I was told (with a big grin) "Only the MP who grabbed the exhaust trying to climb on."

9. Several members of the Corps of my acquaintance used to 'enter' the hangers where Air Defence Troop used to store their Land Rovers, keys in, ready to go if the Russians ever decided to kick off, and go for a spin on the airfield at Condor.
    On one occasion we ..er I mean they were flagged down by the Duty MOD Plod(!!) who was being extra keen and checking out the fence down by the farm (Read having a sly swig from his hip flask or summat) and we told him we were on exercise testing the Air Defence TP readiness "Carry on then" says the cop, "Cheers ops." says NZB... er I mean the young thruster stomping the foot down and off back to the hanger. A definite touching cloth moment. :lol:
    Not in the same league as an AFV, but it was either that or play in the mothballed Vampire. EEeeeeedakadakdakaBOOOOOMMM Aieeeee I'm hit..I'm going down...aggghhhhh.
    Not that I ever did mind. :oops:

10. I think only the RE use 432s these days! Scary as hell being in one, the back door kept unlocking itself from the vibrations!

11. Think you will find 432's have had a "facelift" and are now called Bulldog's.