Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicking an armoured vehicle?

Black2Blue

War Hero
Good old Daily Mail and its factual reporting.

"Hoehne Barracks", that would be Hohne Barracks.

Why a picture of a CR2 when they say he nicked "an armoured command car" (=Sultan?) and "a tracked armoured ambulance" (=Samaritan), both being CVR(T)!

"9th/12th Royal Lancers are currently based in Hohne, Northern Germany in the role of a Reconnaissance regiment under the command of 7 Armoured Brigade (The Desert Rats)." That's from looking on the Army website of all of 10 seconds. Formation Reconnaissance are equipped with CVR(T) and not MBT.

Waspie

War Hero
I thought 9/12 lancers were MBT. They were when they were resident at Bovington before their move to Swanton Morely!!!

And CVR(T) should that not be 432's, and Warriors!!!!

lsadirty

War Hero
Same sort of thing happened when I visited my eldest daughter & her tribe when she lived in Tidworth. Young lad, pissed and homesick, waltzed away in an AFV. When I asked if anyone had been hurt, I was told (with a big grin) "Only the MP who grabbed the exhaust trying to climb on."

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Several members of the Corps of my acquaintance used to 'enter' the hangers where Air Defence Troop used to store their Land Rovers, keys in, ready to go if the Russians ever decided to kick off, and go for a spin on the airfield at Condor.
On one occasion we ..er I mean they were flagged down by the Duty MOD Plod(!!) who was being extra keen and checking out the fence down by the farm (Read having a sly swig from his hip flask or summat) and we told him we were on exercise testing the Air Defence TP readiness "Carry on then" says the cop, "Cheers ops." says NZB... er I mean the young thruster stomping the foot down and off back to the hanger. A definite touching cloth moment. :lol:
Not in the same league as an AFV, but it was either that or play in the mothballed Vampire. EEeeeeedakadakdakaBOOOOOMMM Aieeeee I'm hit..I'm going down...aggghhhhh.
Not that I ever did mind. :oops:

buggerit84

Lantern Swinger
Waspie said:
I thought 9/12 lancers were MBT. They were when they were resident at Bovington before their move to Swanton Morely!!!

And CVR(T) should that not be 432's, and Warriors!!!!

I think only the RE use 432s these days! Scary as hell being in one, the back door kept unlocking itself from the vibrations!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Armoured vehicles to test electric technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £2.8bn armoured vehicle contract secured for British Army MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK armoured vehicles arrive in Oman ahead of Exercise Saif Sareea 3 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Defence Secretary announces innovative threat detection system for the Army's newest armoured vehicle MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: £125 Million investment in new armoured vehicles sustains 40 skilled Scottish jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: £150M cannon contract signed for UK armoured fighting vehicles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: £50 million armoured vehicles fleet support contract awarded MoD News 0
BFRS Terrier Armoured Fighting Vehicle Instructor The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Armoured Vehicle Sales Manager - Bangkok, Thailand - Excellent Opportunity The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS 20th Armoured Brigade takes command of Task Force Helmand Current Affairs 0
The_Caretaker The Difference Between the Infantry, the Artillery and the Armoured Miscellaneous 0
K ASG - Armoured support Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS CMA to examine electric vehicle charging sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement of the Zero Emission Vehicle Transition Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Automated cone laying vehicle spotted on roads in new trial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Humandrive: vehicle completes 230 mile, self-navigated drive across the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New standards to improve safety for taxi and private hire vehicle passengers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DVLA launches online service to change address on vehicle log book (V5C) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Commercial vehicle and trailer parts merger raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your vehicle for these five things before driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Investment vehicle wound-up after stripping companies of assets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vehicle owners to be granted MOT exemption in battle against coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl acquires first fleet of autonomous ground vehicle systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on plug-in vehicle grants following today’s budget MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New online vehicle checker to help drivers prepare for clean air zones with charges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your vehicle! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding for on-street chargepoints doubled to help charge up electric vehicle revolution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Automated cone laying vehicle trials due to start MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 2020 financial levels confirmed for commercial vehicle operators MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rail Vehicle Accessibility: Metro systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regulators launch revised strategy to deliver better services for commercial vehicle industries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh councils to receive hundreds of thousands in UK Government funding to improve availability of electric vehicle charge points MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl award £3.2m contract to shape UK’s future combat vehicle fleet MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Runway incursion by airport vehicle, London Gatwick Airport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guidance for goods vehicle operators and drivers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Feasibility funding for autonomous vehicle cyber security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists urged to make Friday 19 July ‘check your vehicle day’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Coventry company wins £63m Army vehicle support contract MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Vehicle Checkpoint Screening Conference to take place at Aerospace Bristol MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Report 01/2019: Runaway of a road-rail vehicle at Bradford Interchange MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Major charging point contract to benefit electric vehicle users MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Vehicle seized and waste carrier to pay almost £5,000 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New DVLA campaign highlights consequences for drivers who evade vehicle tax MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New DVLA campaign highlights consequences for drivers who evade vehicle tax MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Government response and consultation on taxi and private hire vehicle licensing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Tyres and vehicle safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Policing Minister chairs new taskforce to tackle vehicle theft MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Vehicle hire companies to reduce terrorism risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: 2019 financial levels confirmed for commercial vehicle operators MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Commercial vehicle operators using old tyres to face investigations MoD News 0