Nice Touch. Festival of Remembrance Poppy Girl Reunion.

It was a nice touch although I did raise an eyebrow about how much the BBC were bigging up his operational role. The Daily Mail even ran a headline about "Daddy coming home from the War."

He's deployed to the Seychelles.

War is Hell:

A

angrydoc

We send people to the Seychelles? Never knew about that draft!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (iOS)

We send people to the Seychelles? Never knew about that draft!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (iOS)
Fighting pirates apparently.

Or more accurately, staying in a nice hotel, working a tropical routine, the sum of which involves a few phone calls to local coastguards etc. and spending every afternoon sat on that beach.

I know. You can't legislate for the press.

My local paper called me a hero for wearing my uniform to work. I flipped. Makes you seriously think twice about putting yourself out there for the greater good of the service/unit. You can imagine the ribbing.

Still, thought it was a nice story and positive PR for the RN.

Apart from anything else, did anyone else think the music was ****ing horrendous? (Stand fast Royal Marines band who are mega.)

James Blunt, Alfie Boe and Katie Melua - like having your head kicked in to the sound of mating foxes.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Apart from anything else, did anyone else think the music was ****ing horrendous? (Stand fast Royal Marines band who are mega.)

James Blunt, Alfie Boe and Katie Melua - like having your head kicked in to the sound of mating foxes.
To be honest, if the fox sounds like this, even JB becomes tolerable. And that really is saying something.

[video=youtube;jofNR_WkoCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE[/video]

I bet his Missus was hacked off, when the Beeb contacted her and told them about a surprise reunion, she thought she and the kids were off to the Seychelles for a couple of weeks in the sun.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PAVEWAY_3 Diamond Lil's 0
W The Gash Barge 24
P Diamond Lil's 10