Nice Touch. Festival of Remembrance Poppy Girl Reunion.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trehorn, Nov 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It was a nice touch although I did raise an eyebrow about how much the BBC were bigging up his operational role. The Daily Mail even ran a headline about "Daddy coming home from the War."

He's deployed to the Seychelles.

War is Hell:

• Like Like x 1
  2. We send people to the Seychelles? Never knew about that draft!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (iOS)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fighting pirates apparently.

Or more accurately, staying in a nice hotel, working a tropical routine, the sum of which involves a few phone calls to local coastguards etc. and spending every afternoon sat on that beach.
  4. I know. You can't legislate for the press.

My local paper called me a hero for wearing my uniform to work. I flipped. Makes you seriously think twice about putting yourself out there for the greater good of the service/unit. You can imagine the ribbing.

Still, thought it was a nice story and positive PR for the RN.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If your place of work is CND HQ, I agree with your local paper. BZ.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Erm, a building firm in the north of England. Not so good.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

If one of your workmates was a special constable and another dressed as a cowboy (builder), you could've re-enacted the YMCA video.

That is medal worthy in my book. :worship:
    • Like Like x 3
  8. What wrong with a deployment to the Seychelles? It a key location to counter the piracy from the Gulf and the Horn of Africa.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

10. I cringed, lots. I then told the wife to change channel.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Apart from anything else, did anyone else think the music was ****ing horrendous? (Stand fast Royal Marines band who are mega.)

James Blunt, Alfie Boe and Katie Melua - like having your head kicked in to the sound of mating foxes.
  12. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Is that because you spotted the familial resemblance to the daughter and realised you may have known her mother, and wanted to avoid another row with the current Mrs MLP?
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Ninja_Stoker

To be honest, if the fox sounds like this, even JB becomes tolerable. And that really is saying something.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Well, let's be frank....

If he had been on a vital draft they could not have flown him home, could they?

But it was very sweet.

15. What the Christy neverkins?

No more internet for you!
    • Like Like x 2
  16. I bet his Missus was hacked off, when the Beeb contacted her and told them about a surprise reunion, she thought she and the kids were off to the Seychelles for a couple of weeks in the sun.
  17. "As Lt Cmdr Adams walked"
    Wait, when did he join the USN????? Journos...

Meanwhile, pirate ninjas.

pirateninj alliance.jpg