nice pipe- response needed

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by wompingwillow, Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. set the sene for you, sat in the common room today, a lady said to me
    is that a pipe ?

to which I replied yes ( I have a naval call pipe for a keyring)

cue 5 mins looking at said pipe,

then she asked so how do you take it apart ?

quizical look and a reply of "take it apart"?

put the baccie in? she replies

Baccie, no sorry this is a naval pipe you just make calls with it

YOU TAKING THE PISS? SHE ASKS

no seriously it's called a pipe and I just thought you knew that it was a pipe and thats why you called it a pipe,

how does it work then?

I make the call for still, whole common room goes quiet and stares, do the only thing I can think of and pipe the carry on, get some odd looks but everyone does "carry on" and starts up what ever conversation I interupted

everyone takes piss out of girl who called it a pipe because she thought you smoked from it, she blames me for saying yes it's a pipe .......

what would you do?! Girl thinks she's now confirmed my repitation of being a pisstaker/ sarcastic bitch?

Edited: no doubt more spelling mistakes but corrected the ones I spotted

2. Re: nice pipe- repsonse needed

Perhaps she needs to visit one of HM ships and ask a Stoker if he'll (or she'll) show her the famous Golden Rivet every ship has... :grin:

3. Tell her to ferk off and get a life mate, you will always get sad cnuts like this and it is best just to get them out of yours as soon as.She probably thought you'd have a bit of puff or something so a bit of a user too.
    Alternately tell her to Google Bosun's Pipe and have a look at hits.

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

pinta, put the pipe inyour hand, cuddle it so the nobble bit is sticking out between your play finger and your big finger on your right hand, swing your arm bachwards whilst engaging her in meaningless conversasion.....aim for the bit between the ridge of her nose and the bulbous bit at the end of her nose and swing for it.......but.......aim for a point 6 inches past where you expect to make contact...and try and hit it.......then nick her purse, rings, watch etc....

5. Blob its's Womps not Pinta you nong
    aye
    The Shepherd
    (ferkin ell thats a good username, makes me sound all caring and perhaps even a bit Christlike tending my flock of wayward lambs...)

6. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I may be wrong but shouldn't we be referring to this as a Bosun's Call, with which you make pipes....

Sorry - its Pedants Day out here...... and I'm bored.... and hot..... and fed up...can't you tell........

7. Sorry Silver can't quite make out what you're on about from the poolside laptop, I'll just get the valet to move the parasol a bit.....ah yes you're right, Thanks awfully.
    Keep cool :cool: (and safe :wink: ).

8. silverfox

9. SF,

being a pedant doesn't mean you are wrong!

10. "my reputation of being a piss-taker/ sarcastic bitch"

Wompers, what an excellent reputation maintain it at status quo, all will be a little afraid and you can Walk the Walk.

Nutty

11. Alternatively its a "Pipe" and the message it conveys is the "Call" i.e. you call someone, you do not pipe them.

Nutty

12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Beer ..women..all the same arn't they :oops:

13. You don't remeber Brickwoods then.

14. what wet and get you in the shite?

15. I try very hard not to :sad: :sad: :cool:

16. Thats a necklace int it??? :idea: :cool:

17. Spot on that, erm, spotter! :grin:
    It IS called a BOSUNS CALL, and you make PIPES with it, like piping the side, or piping someone to the gangway etc.

18. Piping a cake?? :wink: :wink: :cool:

19. silverfox

So glad I haven't wasted the last 25 years....

20. Lol, thats good then!!
    "ScranDhobeyGash" is also quite good to know, it winds the missus up no end :D