Nice one Tony, now what shall we do.....??

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by silverfox, Jun 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A. Allow another nation to trample over our sovereignty and withdraw it

2. B. Ignore them, and provide any old Tom Dick or Salim a golden excuse to blow something up

0 vote(s)
  3. C. If we hadn't been so stupid and such an attention seeking creep arse, we wouldn't need A or B...

0 vote(s)
  1. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. Yes , the whole business appeared to have settled down when some bright barstard re-ignites it , for what ? the titles now have little meaning it seems so what will this prove apart from the lack of intelligence in high places . Farcanal , just asking for bloody trouble and how many lives will this F/U cost , service lives and innocent civvies possibly . What a bleedin' mess and when will it end , if ever .
  3. My question is:
    What has he done for Britain to deserve a Knighthood?
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Encouraged inter faith dialogue?
  5. Perhaps the actions of the Pakistan 'Students' justifies cruse missile strikes on Pakistan as a pre-emptive strike against suicide bombers?
  6. Well being a cynical sort I can see EXACTLY why Princess B'Liar would want to stir the Muslims up…

Him and his oiks want's to introduce more draconian anti terror legislation… public ain't buying it…

Simple! Stir up all the Muslims and wait for them to do something nasty…

Bingo! 'See I told you we needed these new Police State powers'.
  7. Is there a quota for awards to "minorities"?
  8. Who actually put his name forward? How could we find out?
  9. slim
    With you all the way Slim.
    Pity they didn't put a Fatwa on Bliar.
  10. Sorry Slim, but I think the question here is what the fcuk is this to do with a bunch of people who live 1/2 way round the world from here?

They (as a religious group, not a nation) were originally upset by someone they will never meet who wrote something they will never read. They have now been told that the man they will never meet who wrote something they will never read has been given an award by a country they will (hopefully) never visit.
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Regardless of the fact other countries, not the slightest bit involved in the British honours system voices their "severe displeasure"- tough not your business anyway. I happen to object to the fact that they harbour terrorists, train them & supply munitions that are used against out troops, so that cancels any outside protest, to my mind.

The question remains does he actually deserve an honour?

He is not even UK resident - unless anyone knows different.

Then again, is he any less deserving than, say, Sir Elton or the rest of Bliar's cronies?
  12. wet_blobby

13. Hear Hear!!
    Salman Rushdie knighted? Tony Bliar tooted as the first EU President? Cherie Bliar as a page 3 girl...sorry now I'm just being silly!
  14. No, No. Page 3 is a good idea since she is every sailor's dream - she has a sunken chest!

15. No he's not, he lives in tehUSA now and spends his time shitting on Britain… for someone who openly hates the place he didn't waste any time accepting the gong, did he?
  16. Surely under the Freedom Of Information Act we should be able to see all these letters written in demanding this World Famous Author be given a Knighthood coz i know i didnt write in
  17. In plenty of other threads there are complaints about this government and it's nancy boys in the local councils giving in far to much to moslems, yet as soon as mr blair gives an honour to some one they dn't like and this stirs up a bit of a hornets nest he gets it in the neck for standing up to the blighters.

Come on make you minds up should we roll over and let the muslim clerics take over or not.
  18. Though I believe that a mistake has been made in giving (selling) a Knighthood to Salmon Rushdie the decision has been made.
    It was a British decision made by the British government. So all the sons of Islam should accept this and shut the fcuk up. When they take notice of our objections to honour killings, stoning or any of their other barbaric practises, then perhaps it will be time to listen to them.
  19. wet_blobby

I really couldn't give a flying fcuk if giving Rushdie a knighthood has upset some muslims...when was the last time they cared about my sensitivaties?
    Anyhow I think little things like invading Iraq etc had already fcuked them off.

I do object to Rushdie getting a knighthood however because the way I see it he has made a fortune, cost us a fortune and doesn't deserve it for writting a few books, Likewise I didn't think Beckam deserved one for winning fcuk all (thankfully he didn't get it). I will also be some p1ssed off when cherie B'lair the ugly munter gets given something as well.
  20. The "value" of a knighthood has steadily reduced over the Bliar years. Giving one (or its equivalent) a a sportswoman for sailing around the world once was an example of this. They should be a recompense for a lifetime's extraordinary achievements in all walks of like, not a popularity contest. They should be completely apolitical, chosen by a select and senior core of UK society, not by aparachiks in No 10.