Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next lockdown coming soon?

D

Deleted 58790

weve had months of little traffic on the roads. no queuing for a cup of coffee ---but its all bloody changed.
We went for flu jabs this morning The roads were packed the coffee bars full--bloody horrible.
Any news of the next lock down?

Waspie

War Hero
Has there been a lock down???

Road outside my place has never been busier than this year. Wall to wall grockles!!! All queueing to go look at a light house!!!! (Menatl). Normal years we get a fair amount of traffic but this year - it's like they announced Black Friday at Portland Bill every day since February!!!!!

Mind you, the Lemmings and professional plummeters, (Climbers), can't help but clamber around the rocks and get into difficulties so I appreciate that. I get a weekly dose of emergency services 'Nee Nawing' past too!! And being a ex Woo, the odd Coast Guard chopper so thanks again Lemmings!!!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Kernow land was the lowest for cases in the UK, lockdown lifted, Cornwall rammed to gills with emmets on holiday who have mainly gone back up country now and guess what..Cornwall cases have gone up! The SW is still lowest in England but watch this space.

soleil

War Hero
Kernow land was the lowest for cases in the UK, lockdown lifted, Cornwall rammed to gills with emmets on holiday who have mainly gone back up country now and guess what..Cornwall cases have gone up! The SW is still lowest in England but watch this space.

I was reading something online yesterday, WreckerL, about there possibly being a case on the Isles Of Scilly.

They had managed to be completely Covid free over all these months and then .......

The people there have been very worried because they only have modest health provision and several cases, especially as quite a few of the people who live there are older, would have stretched their health care provision beyond its capabilities.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I was reading something online yesterday, WreckerL, about there possibly being a case on the Isles Of Scilly.

They had managed to be completely Covid free over all these months and then .......

The people there have been very worried because they only have modest health provision and several cases, especially as quite a few of the people who live there are older, would have stretched their health care provision beyond its capabilities.
It's all over the local news, as you'd expect, normally followed by caravan park owners, publicans, theatre operators, attractions etc coming on whinging about how they're losing money and the lockdown isn't fair blah blah blah.

I think it was Andrew Lloyd Webber was on the radio saying it's a travesty and theatres should be a special case, you know the man, Andrew Lloyd Webber , the multi-millionaire who owns seven theatres :rolleyes:

Mmmm - Perhaps some of the locals left the area and returned from infested destinations wearing the virus?

Shock Horror No - fart ooo easy - Musta bin them gold-spending emmets, innit Jan-Boi me and sum...

:ROLL:

Just got back from our grand tour - Moray and Cromarty via a few days in Northumberland. Could not believe how busy it was - lines of caravans and camper vans heading up the A9 to Inverness - and Bamburgh in Northumberland was the busiest we’ve ever seen it - hotels and pubs very busy - but that might change again now - BUT - definitely seem to take it more serious north of the border - all shop and hotel staff fully masked up at all times and masks required and expected everywhere unless sta down to eat or drink - meanwhile rules regularly ignored by locals and tourists alike in England - so definitely felt more secure in Scotland

Waspie

War Hero
Just got back from our grand tour - Moray and Cromarty via a few days in Northumberland. Could not believe how busy it was - lines of caravans and camper vans heading up the A9 to Inverness - and Bamburgh in Northumberland was the busiest we’ve ever seen it - hotels and pubs very busy - but that might change again now - BUT - definitely seem to take it more serious north of the border - all shop and hotel staff fully masked up at all times and masks required and expected everywhere unless sta down to eat or drink - meanwhile rules regularly ignored by locals and tourists alike in England - so definitely felt more secure in Scotland
Now Bamburgh, that's the place to lose a few grockles. Used to get nice swathes of quicksand there!!!!

Sumo

War Hero
Mmmm - Perhaps some of the locals left the area and returned from infested destinations wearing the virus?

Shock Horror No - fart ooo easy - Musta bin them gold-spending emmets, innit Jan-Boi me and sum...

:ROLL:
One of the reasons for an increase in Guzz. Bullet proof teens went on a Greek piss up holiday, about 20 of them I think, at least half tested positive, some of them went down the Barbican pissing up on their return?

fishhead

War Hero
I'd like to say how delighted I am that the Uni kids are returning for the new term. They are now able to infect one another rather than spreading it around their home towns.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I'd like to say how delighted I am that the Uni kids are returning for the new term. They are now able to infect one another rather than spreading it around their home towns.
Central News shown them all on a run ashore in Brum last night.
Last night of freedom.. Allegedly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Next stage of post-16 qualifications overhaul gets under way MoD News 0
jsdoddy Next Stage - RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS Next big step for Thorney Island’s flood defences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next steps announced to boost road safety and close mobile phone loophole MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next steps for future tri-service recruiting programme revealed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The next generation show they #CanDo community support MoD News 0
Q Next step after pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS Jenrick announces next steps to put beauty and design at heart of planning system MoD News 0
D No bread The cats next Diamond Lil's 0
MoD_RSS Next steps outlined for UK’s use of digital identity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A Grenfell Community Update about the next phase of discussions about Grenfell Tower and the future memorial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish teenagers each to get access to pot of money over the next nine years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Environment Agency offers online consultation on next phase of the £25m Carlisle flood risk management scheme MoD News 0
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Permit granted for next stage in Hoveton Great Broad restoration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England flies to the rescue of animal charity when tyres dumped next to A45 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next stages in the NHS Test and Trace plan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New industry leaders partner with Team Tempest to deliver next generation combat aircraft MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK defence teams up with world leading UK space company to secure next generation of military communications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS In-person coronavirus testing continues to deliver results the next day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New board members to strengthen oversight of HS2 as it enters next phase of delivery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parliament approves veterans question in next Census MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £40 million to kick start next-gen nuclear technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Beauty salons set to reopen for some services next week under new government guidelines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 97.5% of in-person coronavirus (COVID-19) tests returned next day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK nominates Liam Fox as next Director General of the WTO MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next phase of NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) app announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sir George Norton appointed as next Commandant of the Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next steps for work on COVID-19 disparities announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public health border measures to come into force next week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor extends Self-Employment Support Scheme and confirms furlough next steps MoD News 0
MoD_RSS In the military? CNC could be your next step MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next stage of expanded coronavirus (COVID-19) public information campaign launches MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement by UK and EU negotiators on next week’s round of negotiations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out next phase of strategy to combat bovine tuberculosis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next step for new service for benefit assessments announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Iconic blue passports return next month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England hosts pupils to inspire the next generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Drones could form key part of next generation of UK search and rescue MoD News 0
MoD_RSS BuffaloGrid: connecting the next 1 billion to the internet MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next phase of Lower Thames Crossing consultation begins MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor launches search for the next Chair of the Office for Budget Responsibility MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applications open as Geovation backs next generation of start-ups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS M20 Operation Brock barrier to be removed from next week MoD News 0
Asasioun What next... (post Sultan) Submariners 8
MoD_RSS Barrnon and Wood move to next stage of innovation competition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Voluntary National Review on the Sustainable Development Goals - lessons learnt and next steps MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next generation of new towns and economic growth opportunities to be developed, levelling up every region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New transferee course begins next week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government backs next generation of scientists to transform healthcare and tackle climate change MoD News 0