Newsletter

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Good_CO, Jun 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since I've had to put the brakes on the polo shirts for a short while, I thought I'd more on: Newsletters. I just did the first ever ARRSE one, which everyone seemed to very much like, so would like to do the same for RR.

Have a look at this for an idea:

http://www.olivenet.co.uk/olive_mailer/old/arrse_june_09.html

Rum Ration one will also list the most popular topics of the last 7 days, have a gizmo to get your account details back and some recent gallery pics. What I would really like to include are some golden-oldy posts. Stuff that is otherwise lost in the forums and forgotten about. Imminent socials or charity work also would be good to include.

Any ideas?

2. One of the threads I would like to re-visit is the infamous 'mong' thread that was over on ARRSE. Yes it was cruel and offensive at times, (isn't a lot of forces humour?), but it it did at times have me spitting my coffee over my keyboard and make me think I would go to hell just for laughing.

3. Thanks for the input, but I've done the ARRSE newsletter - it's RR threads I'm after.

4. Bump - anyone? Threads that were real classics that others should no about?

5. James Bond's dad ?? is a classic.

6. Thanks - can you post a link?

7. 'What size grip should I take to Raleigh'. 'Best steam iron?' er....no let's not go there. :wink:

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

9. Thanks, I'll have a browse

10. Another please - out of 10,000 members, 20,000 topics and 350,000 posts there must be more than one that can be labelled 'a classic'. Someone somewhere in the history of RR must have written something good! So please have a think and give me a hand here. What are the top 10 topics ever?

11. Thanks a lot Stirling - really appreciated

12. 8O

:lol:

13. :roll: ...CO you'd have to call it the RR Spewsletter