News story: UK warship joins Pakistan naval exercise

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Why would they be doing that routine to a Fleet Oil Tanker?
  3. :blob8:Wondered that myself, perhaps the photo was taken at Spithead?
  4. Could it be that as women, their faces cannot be seen by the men on the FA Tanker, so they hold their hats in front of them as a sort of emergency burka?:dontknow::lol:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. So did I, how very strange, maybe the old man being Irish might have something to do with it.
  6. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

The Royal Navy is rare in that its Auxiliary ships are civilian manned. Most are commission ships of the line.
  7. Shouldn't they be saluting the RN ship?
  8. So what happened to "Attention on the upper deck, face to port (name of warship)"? I've manned and cheered ship a few times, but only for Royalty/ Heads of State, which was pretty rare. Is this a new routine to account for the fact that HM Ships are so rarely seen by foreigners these days? :wink:

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Could it be they're saluting the ship opposite them but due to the PC leanings of the photographer he/she thought it more important to photograph the lady sailers so the ship in question isn't actually in the photo?
  10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Perhaps Her Majesty's Ship is returning the Pakistani ship's salute.

Agree, "face to port / starboard and salute" and piping the whatever usually does it but not if the salutee has some very big cheese on board, like their president. Just the kind of detail that may be missed in the selective, narrow band reporting, official or not.
  11. Or perhaps the Command team is on board the Auxiliary?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)