News story: Sir Simon Bollom appointed Chief Executive of Defence Equipment and Support

MoD_RSS

War Hero
Welcoming Simon Bollom’s appointment, Stephen Lovegrove, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Defence said:

I am delighted to announce Simon’s appointment as the new Chief Executive of DE&S. His previous roles, as Chief of Materiel (Air) and more recently Chief of Materiel (Ships), means that he will bring to the role a deep understanding and knowledge of DE&S and its business. I wish him every success.

Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said:

DE&S is responsible for delivering the substantial, complex and demanding Equipment Programme. I am delighted that Simon has been appointed to this role. I look forward to working with him on the organisation’s important task of driving performance in the supply chain, building capability to support our armed forces and delivering value for the taxpayer.

DE&S Chair, Paul Skinner, said:

I would like to welcome Simon into his new role, and I am delighted that we have managed to secure somebody who already has great experience in delivering equipment and equipment support. I look forward to continuing to work with him as we carry on our important work to support the armed forces.

I should also like to thank Michael Bradley for his excellent oversight of DE&S since January following Tony Douglas’ departure.

Simon Bollom said:

I am absolutely delighted to have secured this extremely important role. The work of DE&S is vital to our nation and I am proud to have been given the opportunity to lead such an important organisation.

Simon Bollom has held the role of Chief of Materiel (Ships) in DE&S since April 2017. He will take up his new post on the 21st May. The appointment follows an external recruitment competition.

Continue reading...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Professor Sir Adrian Smith appointed to provide advice on the future of European and international collaboration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government Chief Science Adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance pays tribute to Professor Lord Bhattacharyya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Statement on Sir Jeremy Heywood MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Sir Simon Gass appointed Commandant Royal College of Defence Studies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: General Sir Nick Carter appointed new Chief of the Defence Staff MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Sir Michael Fallon reappointed as Secretary of State for Defence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary Sir Michael Fallon hails importance of UK's defence network MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: General Sir James Everard appointed most senior UK officer in NATO MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart Peach appointed new Chief of the Defence Staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Sir John Homes independent medal review 2014 update MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Sir Chris Hoy becomes Air Cadets ambassador MoD News 5
MoD_RSS News story: Appointment of new Permanent Secretary at Defra MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMCTS legacy notification service – meeting summary 18 June 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Individuals to be protected from 'devastating impact' of problem debt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Office set to introduce fees for Section 5 firearms licences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex, accompanied by FCO Minister, Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon, visits Lebanon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ofqual response to Pearson update on A level maths breach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Head of Government Digital Service to take on new role MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Treaty on voting rights signed with Luxembourg MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Health and Safety Manager - MAIB, Southampton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Inspection work in progress MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Chinese market access gives a multimillion pound boost for British beef MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Inspection report published: Inspection of Country of Origin Information, January 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Office allocates £35 million to police forces for violence reduction units MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Climate change tops agenda at Flood and Coast Conference 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Illumina’s takeover of PacBio raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New videos to help learner drivers improve motorcyclist awareness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Listeria cases being investigated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Tenth Economic and Financial Dialogue held between the UK and China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Restrictions to be extended on products containing plasticising chemicals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Big boost for tiny tech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government publishes details of immigration advisory groups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF Typhoons scramble to intercept Russian fighters as part of Baltic Air Policing Mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Michael Walker appointed to FSA Scientific Advisory Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ODP events MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Progression MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A Brilliant Civil Service, a Brilliant ODP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A great place to work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Learning and development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Surge and Rapid Response Team (SRRT) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Effective Leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ODP on social media MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Talent Management MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Career Framework MoD News 0