News story: RAF and Navy helicopters assist weather-stricken communities

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I wonder if the new civilian company (Bristows) would act and help like the crew at Gannet have?

3. wal

wal Badgeman

If they get paid by 'der guvimint.'

4. Yes they will. They will be tasked as required.Would guess some of them will be the crews from Gannet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Read in tabloids the Chinook in northern Ireland were requested by ministers of the Sinn Fein persuasion. My haven't times changed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. In short YES. I still have many friends who carry out the work for Bristows and some even made the ultimate sacrifice to save life. (Billy Deacon RIP), It's not just RN crews that will got he extra mile.

The only operators who have cried 'crew duty time' is the good old brillcreme boys! January 22nd 1982 - Scotland - Boulmer SAR. Refused to extract civilians stuck on top of train near Dundee!!!!! I clocked 11 hour 50 minutes strapped to a Sea King that day/night.

• Like Like x 1
  7. But would they assist to the equivalent of military aid to civil authority? That was my question as, surley the contract would have to be written to include that?

8. That would be a different matter again.

The Military would always support the civil authority. The remit no doubt of CivSAR would be the immediate saving of life.

I imagine IF the UK gets its new carriers with FW, the military may re-invent the SAR diver, and so it goes full circle. The military will also maintain it's own duty SAR helo's for the rescue of its own downed aircraft ashore. (I hope).