Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News story: Graduation time for Dstl third year apprentices

MoD_RSS

War Hero
Twelve apprentices celebrated their achievements with each one gaining employment at Dstl, taking up roles across the business.

Belinda Shute, Apprentice Team Leader, said:

It’s fantastic to have this kind of event – it highlights the successes and achievements of the apprentices, plus the invited family members got to see ‘inside the wire’, which they wouldn’t normally get to see. I’m so proud of our apprentices, they have all worked incredibly hard and it’s really nice for them to be recognised in this way.

22-year-old Tom Money is among the apprentices who successfully completed the course. He said:

I feel so happy to finally graduate and I’m excited with what the future holds. It’s been very a broad experience and a real eye opener – I’ve seen lots of different things and have been given exposure to some really cool stuff! I’m also pleased that I’ve secured a job within the Land Platforms division of Dstl.

During their time as apprentices, the group supported outreach programmes; visiting schools and colleges to talk about the benefits of doing an apprenticeship. They also took part in national events including the The Big Bang Fair and RAF100.

23-year-old William Robinson completed a mechanical and manufacturing apprenticeship. He said:

My course was vastly varied, spending time at QinetiQ’s apprentice training school in classrooms, and then working on vehicle assessments. I am really pleased that I have finished my course and I will continue to build my career using skills learned during the apprenticeship. I also have a full-time job at Dstl, which feels a bit strange as I will no longer be ‘the apprentice’! It felt really good receiving my certificate of graduation, and it also allowed us to show off our achievements and show the rest of Dstl how valuable the apprenticeship scheme is.

Dstl’s apprenticeship scheme is now in its tenth year, and is open to people of all ages and backgrounds, from school leavers to those looking for a second career or a change of direction.

Dstl’s Chief Executive, Gary Aitkenhead, said:

It’s great to celebrate the achievements of people like this. We’re absolutely committed to our apprentice scheme and it’s fantastic that all 12 apprentices graduated and have now been successful in securing a variety of roles at Dstl.

Continue reading...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Afghan National Army Officer Academy celebrates 10th graduation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Minister praises female cadets on graduation from Afghanistan’s... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Appointment of new Permanent Secretary at Defra MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMCTS legacy notification service – meeting summary 18 June 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Individuals to be protected from 'devastating impact' of problem debt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Office set to introduce fees for Section 5 firearms licences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex, accompanied by FCO Minister, Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon, visits Lebanon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ofqual response to Pearson update on A level maths breach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Head of Government Digital Service to take on new role MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Treaty on voting rights signed with Luxembourg MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Health and Safety Manager - MAIB, Southampton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Inspection work in progress MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Chinese market access gives a multimillion pound boost for British beef MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Inspection report published: Inspection of Country of Origin Information, January 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Office allocates £35 million to police forces for violence reduction units MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Climate change tops agenda at Flood and Coast Conference 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Illumina’s takeover of PacBio raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New videos to help learner drivers improve motorcyclist awareness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Listeria cases being investigated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Tenth Economic and Financial Dialogue held between the UK and China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Restrictions to be extended on products containing plasticising chemicals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Big boost for tiny tech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government publishes details of immigration advisory groups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF Typhoons scramble to intercept Russian fighters as part of Baltic Air Policing Mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Michael Walker appointed to FSA Scientific Advisory Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ODP events MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Progression MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A Brilliant Civil Service, a Brilliant ODP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A great place to work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Learning and development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Surge and Rapid Response Team (SRRT) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Effective Leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ODP on social media MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Talent Management MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Career Framework MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Apprenticeships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: About ODP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ODP rebrand launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Community MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Skilled People MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improved Outcomes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Military personnel receive over £4million in extra cash to protect them from Scottish tax hikes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New measures to support disadvantaged children in schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New global resettlement scheme for the most vulnerable refugees announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: CMA to research Scottish legal services market MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Partner with Singapore on disruptive projects: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Five Trustees appointed to the British Library Board MoD News 0