News story: Foreign Secretary appalled by reports of massacre in Syria

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Apr 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Whilst others are appalled by the Foreign Secretary
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Arab business.
  4. somewhat unsettlingly Finks, i am in total agreement with you :)
  5. I have to concur with Finks on this one as well.
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Bombs in Damascus killing dozens and nobody gives a shit.

Bombs in Boston killing a few and everyone jumps on the bandwagon (see that particular thread).

What a wonderful world we live in... :oops:
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Civil war vs two nutters with a chemistry set, maybe that's the reason perhaps!
  8. sgtpepperband

Well, this picture made me re-consider that there might actually be hope for the Human Race...

• Like Like x 1
  9. We don't intervene in countries that need our help. Only the ones we believe can help us.

Daily death and living in caves it is for the foreseeable future Syria, sorry.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. sgtpepperband

Syrian exports (according to the CIA Worldbook):

"crude oil, minerals, petroleum products, fruits and vegetables, cotton fiber, textiles, clothing, meat and live animals, wheat"

So give it time...
  11. Sadly I don't think the populous have time.
  12. sgtpepperband

I don't mean for the Syrians to produce those exports - I meant it won't be long before the vultures are swarming for lucrative business contracts to be signed with some who are not qualified to be running such businesses, if you know what I mean... :oops:
  13. It's always difficult getting involved in the internal politics of a Sovereign State. There is often confusion over matters of scale and legal basis. Remember that there were some civilised people who viewed/view the "troubles" in Ulster as an equal to what happens now in various parts of the Middle East, Africa and Asia. They clearly aren't, but like many of you, I see it from a particular angle.

Just suppose some ethnic minority group kicks off within our own shores demanding self determination or special treatment. The Law and Constitution directs how we deal with such an event and would probably end in riot shields and the slammer. It wouldn't take much manipulation for the rest of the world to see that in a different light. The point I'm making is that the Government has to be careful and clever in how it deals with unrest and injustice abroad.