News Story: "British ship heading to ward off Somali pirates held at port in Spain"

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by sgtpepperband, Apr 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. I thought that the planned RR idea from a couple of years back was just hot air ...

3. On the subject of privately owned boats/ships.I was once told.. 'Its like having a steel hole in the water that you have to keep throwing money into'.:sad3:

4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Yeah, right. A 15 inch (in old money) belt at the water line is heavily armoured. This thing is made of relative tin foil.

I have no problems with this sort of enterprise by ex RN / RM but the OOD wants reaming, upper deck WTD open and no ensigns. Tsk.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Senegalise seize warship

Bit in the paper, ex submariner Chris Emmarch 53 from Penryn Cornwall on board his decommissioned 127ft warship Defender was seized by Senegalise authorities after the ship arrived in Senegalise waters, he was in the papers a few weeks ago after putting into Tenerife for repairs and was fined by the Spanish for dodgy plumbing but he did a runner without paying up, says in the paper he was going into fishery protection using the converted gunboat as a deterrent, anyone know this chap

6. Oh for a Letter of Marque!

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Pair found guilty of entering Senegal illegally after converted warship was seized

Two men have been found guilty of entering Senegal illegally after their converted warship was seized by marine commandos off the West African country.

Skipper Chris Enmarch, 53, from Penryn was handed a six-month suspended sentence while Saltash man Andrew Bayliss, who crewed on the decommissioned Defender, received a one-month suspended jail term at Dakar Criminal Court earlier this month.

Enmarch, an ex-Royal Navy submarine engineer, was also convicted for operating a vessel without a licence, failing to keep an official ship's log, and for illegal possession of a weapon.

Chris Enmarch and Andrew Bayliss found guilty of entering Senegal illegally after converted warship was seized | Plymouth Herald
    (Source: Plymouth Herald)

8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Threads merged.

SWS Fag wrote

Are you an American waitress?

9. Nope, but I enjoyed it!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)