News story: Baroness Warsi welcomes regional support to Afghanistan

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Apr 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. This unelected Baroness will no doubt relish her all expenses trip, she'll probably sub rent out her flat to get the extra dinar, a true Blair prodigy.

3. I'm sorry, I cannot dare to make a comment.

4. Just a minor point; she may be "unelected" but she was appointed by people who were elected.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Very good and valid point PoL, which just goes to show what a myth 'democracy' is.

• Like Like x 2
  6. It is a myth to a degree. It depends on which side of the fence you are. However, treason is ... (dot dot dot) still treason. Punishable by what?!

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, a maximum of life imprisonment. (William Joyce (aka "Lord Haw-Haw") was the last person tried in the UK for treason. He was executed in 1946.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. What Sgt P said. You were hoping for death weren't you?

Can't quite see where treason comes into it anyhow.

Do keep up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I am interested where the 'treason' thing came from Merchant Jonny but must now get my head down. Seriously, not a pop, just interested in your angle.

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Total thread drift here but you'll get banged up for treason BUT can still get the death sentence for setting fire to HM's dockyard?

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No. That's spitting. On the first Sunday of the month.

12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

That'll be in Singapore then.....

• Like Like x 1
  13. The only thing you can get the death penalty for in UK is being a Brazilian electrician on a tube train.

• Like Like x 1