News Of The World: "Navy Lets Rip At Gaddafi"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Jul 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought it was a spoof report until I saw a name I recognised.

2. Good old News of the Screws; hopelessly inaccurate right up to the end. Or did I imagine being on board Gloucester in 1991 when she splashed an Iraqi Silkworm with one of her Sea Darts or any of the other incidences of RN ships and aircraft opening fire since the Falklands?

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You must of imagined it NG, the Corps been sat on it's arrse for 29 years as well.

Journo's never get anything wrong.

4. Yes, I guess none of this happened during 40 Cdo's amphibious landing on the Al Faw peninsula in 2003 either:

5. NG,

Strong grounds there for 'em to publish an ad-free one page correction/retraction next sunday, perchance?

Just leave them a voice-mailey and see what transpires.

6. Sea Your History - The Gulf War Found it in the "Fiction" section

7. LMM

LMM

Miffs me slightly that due to technical 'issues' Marlborough was NOT the first to fire at the Al Faw peninsular, a last minute change of plan meant that honour went to HMS Chatham... but no-one (other than the crew) seems to remember that :(

8. Confused. Did she fire the 4.5 or a sea dart? The article is full of contradictions.

9. Another reason why this moronic rag won't be missed.

10. Shouldn't they have called her a "heroine", not a hero. After all she did press a pedal.