News from Rotherham

Shakey

War Hero
I know a few readers here are from the picturesque Yorkshire market town of Rotherham so here's some news for us all:

Lollipop Lady Gets Sexually Molested And Everything.

Quote:

A lollipop lady who was indecently assaulted as she helped children across a road said she was left "humiliated and frightened" by the attack.
The mother of four was assaulted as she helped people cross a Rotherham street after school on 10 November.

A South Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said two men crossed the road and as they passed the woman, one of them indecently assaulted her.

The school crossing warden said she had left her job as a result of the attack.

Speaking to BBC News Online, she said: "I didn't report it straight away. It was humiliating what they did, and frightening at the same time."

The lollipop lady, who did not wish to be named, suffered minor injuries in the assault. She said she had spoken about her ordeal in a bid to help track down the offender.

You would think you'd be safe, especially in broad daylight... it just shows you're not safe anywhere

School crossing warden

She said: "I felt very intimidated, and powerless to do anything about it.

"I felt so insecure. It was broad daylight, the traffic had stopped on both sides.

"But he did it so easily. If he thought it was so easy to do to me he could do that to anybody.

"You would think you'd be safe, especially in broad daylight. It just shows you're not safe anywhere."

The first man is described as white, scruffy, in his 30s, about 5ft 5in tall with a pock-marked face, stubble on his jaw and dark shadows under both eyes.

He had brown hair and was wearing jeans and white trainers.

The second man was described as white, also in his 30s, with a black eye, bruised and swollen lip and cuts to his face, as if he had been in a fight.

Unquote.

sweeney

Lantern Swinger
You see this is what happens when you fail to integrate the muslim community. If they don't like it, then we should send them back.

slim

War Hero
Are we going to see an increase in the number of old biddies volunteering for lollipop duties, in the hope that they will no longer have to go to grab a granny on a Friday night?

sweeney said:
You see this is what happens when you fail to integrate the muslim community. If they don't like it, then we should send them back.
I'm sorry you bigot ... I did not see anywhere in the report about muslins. Stop stoking the fires of racism, or you will be seeing christalnacht again and it will seem so normal as not to be horrific.

andym

War Hero
She should have twatted them with her lollipop!

Maybe not,she'd only get arrested for Assault and Battery!

simonjgriffithshr

Lantern Swinger
rosinacarley, I think you missed sweeney's humour/intentions - a dig at the Daily Mail reading populace who like to blame everything on immigration.

simonjgriffithshr said:
rosinacarley, I think you missed sweeney's humour/intentions - a dig at the Daily Mail reading populace who like to blame everything on immigration.
ha ha simon, I am holding my sides from laughing.

it was sooo not funny.

sweeney

Lantern Swinger
rosinacarley said:
simonjgriffithshr said:
ha ha simon, I am holding my sides from laughing.

it was sooo not funny.
try living in rotherham then. Its a laugh a minute.

I just wanted to get in first before we get a big thread about yadda yadda Britain was better before and the navy was better before and isn't it terrible how the yewth of today are all slack jaws and its all the fault of muslims and nobody sits still during the 2 minutes silence and nobody has said thankyou to the fleet for keeping the humber estuary free from landmines...

Its muslim as well Rosina, not muslin. Muslin is a type of cloth. Its used for polishing. It has an NSN. I don't think (although the S&S team maybe able to confirm) Muslims have an NSN.

If you want to come round for a Crystal night though, thats okay. It sounds quite exciting! I will make sure the beer fridge is full.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey Nowt better to do? Then read Rotherham News! Diamond Lil's 4
Shakey A Merry Rotherham News Christmas Diamond Lil's 1
Shakey Oh no, not more news from Rotherham Diamond Lil's 1
Shakey Rotherham News Round-Up! Diamond Lil's 4
Shakey Rotherham news round-up! The Gash Barge 0
Shakey More news from Rotherham Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS Civil news: updated contract schedules from 1 September 2020 MoD News 0
soleil FB: Forces News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Sails Back Into Her Home Port Of Portsmouth As A "Fully Trained" Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
higthepig Navy news June 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy flyers Land On Pitching Postage Stamp Deck | Nostalgia" The Fleet Air Arm 14
MoD_RSS Crime news: contingency waiver for CRM7 claims ends 6 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: CRM12 duty rota deadline is 13 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Edition 22: News from the Adjudicator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: revised fees for immigration and asylum work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: secure file exchange ‘sign-up’ guidance available MoD News 0
higthepig Navy news May 2020 The Quarterdeck 1
MoD_RSS Civil news: speedier payments on way for court assessed bills MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: Advocacy assistance now claimable on Intensive Paper Reviews MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "34 Great Old Photos Of The Famous Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Hermes" The Fleet 1
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Prince Of Wales To Carry Out Investigation After Flooding Onboard" The Fleet 16
MoD_RSS Civil news: mandatory telephone gateway phased out MoD News 0
soleil Forces News: "How Is The Defence Animal Training Regiment Working During Lockdown?" Current Affairs 1
soleil The News: "Royal Navy Warships To Blast Sirens And Light The Sky As Portsmouth Marks VE Day" The Fleet 9
soleil The News: "Royal Navy Destroyer Prone To Breaking Down In The Gulf Leaves Portsmouth For Key Engine Upgrade" The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS British Ambassador to Turkeminstan's interview with Arzuw News MoD News 0
higthepig Navy news March 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: guidance on self-employed complex means applications MoD News 0
higthepig Navy news February 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: providers praise new online ‘Apply’ tool MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid to tackle global spread of coronavirus ‘fake news’ MoD News 0
BillyNoMates Plymouth News Update Current Affairs 4
higthepig Navy news January 2020 The Quarterdeck 2
soleil i News: "BBC And ITV In Battle Over Rival British Nuclear Submarine Murder Dramas" Submariners 10
soleil i News: "'You’re Only Ever 15 minutes Away From Launching A Missile': What It Was Like To Be A Cold War Submariner" Submariners 13
soleil Portsmouth News: "Weetabix Advert Stars Gosport Submarine Museum's HMS Alliance" Submariners 8
soleil Navy News (FB): North Shields - HMS Northumberland - Ship Open To Visitors - Saturday, February 8th 2020 The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS Crime news: contract schedules to be issued MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Edition 21: News from the Adjudicator MoD News 0
soleil 5 News: " HM The Queen Visits RAF Marham For Her First Public Engagement Of 2020" The Fleet Air Arm 1
higthepig Navy news December 2019 The Quarterdeck 0
soleil FB: Navy News: February 2020 Edition Now On Sale The Fleet 3
soleil FB: Navy News "HMS Ashanti Ghana 50th Anniversary" History 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: police station telephone advice tender is now open MoD News 0
soleil ITV News: "Armed Forces Tattoos Photography Exhibition Opens In London" History 25
soleil Portsmouth News: "RN Suffers 'Embarrassing' Fault With HMS Queen Elizabeth That Delayed UK Sea Trials Of F-35" The Fleet 8
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: reminder to view contract performance reports MoD News 0
soleil FB: Portsmouth News "What An Amazing Photo Of HMS Queen Elizabeth And HMS Prince Of Wales" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Crime news: police station telephone advice tender launch MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "Fears Raised Over £269m Aerial Radar System" The Fleet Air Arm 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: stalking protection orders and claiming for work MoD News 0