Newest member to the fleet¡

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by tommo, Sep 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello.all thought I'd share the news on here. Today after a mega session, my little boy sailor was born. Gethin was born at 11.16am 7lbs 12ozs by forced/assisted delivery. Big fook off tongs were used.

So splice the main brace and have a tot to wet the baby's head.

Pics to follow soon ish, both mum and son doing well , maternity staff thought I was awesome in the Op theatre while the wife was having some rough times.

2. Congratulations and all best wishes to you and your wife.

(As Gethin apparently means Dark/Swarthy I'm guessing that your wee boy is neither a blonde nor a ginger-nut :wink: )

Tongs? Me too. I still have the marks, n years on 8O

3. Congrats shippers. Let me know how you get on, I'm shitting myself about the impending arrival of mine!

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Congratulations to you and the Missus mate, was young un born with the aid of a length of rope and a tractor?

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

You'll be alright mate, get them to give you an enema when the give the other half one :wink:

6. Congrats Tommo, all the best to you and your family. :D

7. :?:

Tommo, as you've just gobbled up all of your leave; how stand you for any more time off - you being on a new draft and all ?

8. Cheers all

Yep tongs were attached to the tractor and rope!

The wife and baby are well, birth didn't go well towards the end hence the forced/assisted birth. Wife suffered from major panic attacks due to epidural coming out and pain from his hip was overpowering the contraction pain so he didn't know when to push. She then had to have a spinal injection thingy which took 50 mins to get done.

I enjoyed the business end and watching the wife's clunge in action though.

2DD the maternity staff praised me for the way I dealt with my wife during delivery in the delivery room and in the ops theatre. Knowing the wife and being a matelot (i.e dealing with crisis' in the past) served me well.

I got two weeks paternity leave starting for today :D

Oh Treliske Hospital were awesome with them.

Thank fook it's not Ginger though

9. Congrats mate. :hello1:

10. Congratulations Tommo. And extra congrats on it not being a ginger. All the best to you, your wife and your son.

11. Congratulations
    Don't forget that the first 18 years are the hardest part.

12. Congrats to you and your other half, Tommo. As someone wise once said, "If men had the babies, we'd probably be extinct."

13. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Congrats shipmate.

14. Congrats mate. They're brills until their 4 and start school, then have a 14 year wait until you can take them to the pub :D

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Congrats to Mr & Missus Tommo & welcome to little Gethin.

I've just had a wobbly coffee by way of a toast to you.

16. Well done Mr and Mrs Tommo & Son.

Best put his name down for a council house now Tommo :p

17. Or the way waiting times are going, get him down the AFCO.

18. Rush to young un over the border quick and tell the authorities he was born in Wales!! My Daughter was born in VL, ask her she says she's half Welsh!!! :D