Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie!

Louisa_Wren

Midshipman
Hey, dunno what to say really, im louisa, just turned 21 and decided that im going to apply to the navy soon. Not been able to get a job recently so went back to college in September but its not for me!

Dont know much about what i want to be really. My friends in the navy but hes been transfered from portsmouth so i hasnt been home much for me to talk to him about it really. Any advise would REALLY help.

:D

Mwah x

bartman11

Midshipman
Do research on the Navy website, get loads...... People on here are very helpful.

Listening to the advice given.

Louisa_Wren

Midshipman
Thanks Bartman!

I have a question, but its kinda a lady thing tbh. Medical stuff. :oops:

Where do i post to ask it?

Louisa x

lonestar

War Hero
Diamond Lils :wink:

(welcome, although I suspect you are a more advanced version of the other 10th February members, 'now comes with photo')

Louisa_Wren

Midshipman
Thanks RadioScilence.

Lonestar i dont understand what you mean :S

Im gunna go peek me head in there, thank you for all been so inviting, nice to know there are some fellow ladies on here that i can talk to soon. Was a bit nervous that id get picked on or something hehe. x

Andrew_1980

Lantern Swinger
Hey Louisa, welcome!

Yeah Diamond Lil's is best for sensitive medical problems - the more detail you can provide the better :)

Good luck!

tommo

War Hero
If you want Medical advice which you don't mind sharing then use the health and fitness forum.

Our resident Naval MO Mr Angrydoc is qualified to answer your questions. If it's a private matter then PM him Angrydoc

Hope that helps

Welcome to RR

Enjoy the banter and grooming :D

Hello Louisa,

Most RRers could provide an underwater fitting inspection report (at no cost) :wink: but there is actually a Health and Fitness forum here:

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewforum/f=28.html

The Moderator of that is one Angrydoc, who might answer a discrete Private Message medical inquiry from you.

Always remember that this is an unofficial site - but there are AFCOS who give genuine advice, too.

There is also one particular Lady member, PR type, who would also be approachable for a Private Message from you; Soliel.

Trawl the whole site - Many questions re-appear so use the Search facilty, too.

Bob

Edited to Add: If temptation/curiousity draws you to Diamond Lils. be sure to read the Warning first. Few leave that area unscathed :evil:

Edited again After she/he was outed. Best Walt Piccy for ages thanks for that bait. Exits - Scathed :oops:

Louisa_Wren

Midshipman
Its nothing huge. Ive had a 'lady op' and just needed to know if it was still ok for me to join up and also, how long i should leave it till my stregnth is up. Im gunna go to health& fitness section and ask now :) Thanks x

Trigger_92

War Hero
tommo said:
If you want Medical advice which you don't mind sharing then use the health and fitness forum.

Our resident Naval MO Mr Angrydoc is qualified to answer your questions. If it's a private matter then PM him Angrydoc

Hope that helps

Welcome to RR

Enjoy the banter and grooming :D

Oh there is plenty of that, that goes on in here :evil:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Louisa_Wren said:
Its nothing huge. Ive had a 'lady op' and just needed to know if it was still ok for me to join up and also, how long i should leave it till my stregnth is up. Im gunna go to health& fitness section and ask now :) Thanks x

Edit:

Details removed to protected the identity of our new green-fingered bisexual friends...
:twisted:

lonestar

War Hero
Louisa_Wren said:

I'd say 30E is pretty huge :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lily jade Newbie Here The Corps 13
J GS or Boats. Newbie question from an older guy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
B Joining the Navy as a graduate engineer- newbie alert Joining the Royal Navy 7
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. The Quarterdeck 2
craigb302 Newbie to submarine service (hopefully) need help understanding navy pay ? Submariners 16
B A few questions (medical/qualification related) from a newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Newbie needing a little help, please! Nearest & Dearest 2
Blackrat Important Newbie Info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Rumrat Bedding and the Iron (Not a newbie fest) The Gash Barge 20
G Newbie Submariners 5
H Newbie. Pay/Length of a deployment? Submariners 19
P Newbie Tony Floyd (Pinky) from Wantage Oxordshire Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Newbie in need of friendly advice/mocking! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
Muppet89 Newbie here! (sort of!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
K I'm a newbie & need help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
SerkJ Newbie Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Rumrat Newbie's Navy. Diamond Lil's 4
P Newbie Questions: Life at sea Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
A newbie with questions The Fleet Air Arm 38
deano232 Newbie - Applying for Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
N Another Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Betty Swollocks Another Newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
M Newbie WAG :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
McSkimp Newbie Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Powder I feel like a MASSIVE newbie asking this but... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
R Newbie :) what jobs are currently recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
fathaggis Newbie medical question Health & Fitness 123
fishcakebreadcake Hello from an old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
BillyNoMates The wonderful world of the Newbie Thread. Diamond Lil's 2
D Newbie to the site Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Scrintzen_Doofer Newbie - Only just found you!!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Navy_Panda Newbie to Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
N Another Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
v8topcat An old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
K Newbie Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
M NEWBIE MEDICAL HELP - DENTAL!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
PROPMAN NEWBIE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
S Newbie - a few medical questions if you would please= ] Health & Fitness 17
G newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Newbie needing info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
A Newbie papping himself!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D Advice on knowledge for a newbie. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9