Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Topaz, Dec 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there, well im new to the forum.
    Im not in the Navy but im going through the selection process.
    Ive only had the aptitude tests so far but ive muffed up the security questionaire and dont know what to do :|

If i ring up AFCO and ask for a new one will they give it to me?
    Or will they just think i am a complete failure... help please
    I seriously dont know what to do this is my life on the line haha

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Tell them the dog ate it or you used it to make "roaches" with. Relax, just ask for another one.

Wecome to RR, Ninja will sort out your querie, as ever, for you, listen to what he says.

3. Lol okay, thanks =]

Im still in a major flap about it though lol

4. Don't worry your little head about it! I'm certain if you ask for a new form they won't give you the Spanish inquisition as to why!

I assume you passed the aptitude tests then, well done if so!

5. if i had a quid for every time one of my division lost a bloody form i wouldnt be turning too again

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hiya Topaz,

Welcome to Rum Ration, fret not, said he....

You can Download a duplicate Security Clearance Questionnaire HERE

BEFORE you do, don't press print or "Print Form" or File, Print- go to page 19 of the form, press the top right black box & you will get a drop-down menu- click on "1". You will then get an eight digit random number generated form & corresponding bar-code on each page. If you just press print by any other method the serial number is duplicated & the form completely invalid & rejected.

EVERY page must have the SAME random number at the bottom, so don't mix any pages from the new form with your original one.

If you want to be really posh you can actually fill it out online first, but DON'T press save or it messes up the random generated number on it.

For those requiring further advice Security Clearance Guidance Notes HERE

Happy Christmas! :rendeer:

7. Aha thanks =]
    Well im not fluent in Spanish so that would be rather hard haha =[

Ninja thanks for them links!
    I might do it online and print it but i dunno because its all grey think of the ink! But id rather that then ring them and look like a retard that cant fill in a form properly :|

8. Ninja_Stoker

The AFCO would rather you asked for a new form than submitted a duff one to be honest, as you'll only get it sent back. They aren't the easiest forms to fill out, that's for sure, so you're not the first & won't be the last to ask for a second form. Four is the record in my area.

Only snag is that most AFCOs are shut until 03 Jan 08, but nothing will happen with the form anyway even if you print it now & waste your ink. Best bet is give them a call & ask for a new one to be posted to you in the New Year.

9. Ahh okay, i think i might do that
    3rd of Jan god thats ages away

I have an eye apointment this Friday
    Do i send that off aswell?
    Or do i just like take that next time i go in with me?

I would usualy ask my family because half of them are allready in the forces but they have kinda forgoten and arnt much help!

10. Ninja_Stoker

Your Eye Test forms can be posted, but again nothing will happen with them until you have your medical, so your best bet is take them with you next time you visit, if you're local. Just make sure your name is clearly printed at the top of the form (we sometimes get blanks).

Some AFCOs may be open on Thursday/Friday but I think most, if not all are closed- if in doubt: Ring before you make the trip.

11. Hmm well my AFCO isnt local
    Takes me about 40mins to get there
    So they allways know when im going haha

Do you work in an AFCO?

12. Shave off you have to wait 2 weeks and travel 40 minutes, I'd contact your MP if I were you!
    Love
    Grumpy Xmas shopper.
    NZB

13. Haha that made me laugh
    Even if yu was being an arse haha

14. My job here is done. BTW nice cleaveage. Oopps sorry but we're still alowed to sexually harass down in NZ.
    Wait till your in then you'l know what waiting really is.
    NZB