Tenacious

Badgeman
Now you ask, about the questions front. Whats initial training like? It's my only fear with the Navy is that I'm gonna suck big time at initial training.

chieftiff

War Hero
Tenacious said:
Now you ask, about the questions front. Whats initial training like? It's my only fear with the Navy is that I'm gonna suck big time at initial training.

Initial training is not easy, it's not meant to be! Its purpose is to indoctrinate you into the service, don't panic you won't be brainwashed. You need to understand the ethos of service life, hard work, comraderie, teamwork, honesty and fun. Unless you are joining the Royal Marines training isn't impossible, look at all those who have succeeded before you, it does however require you to do your best, honestly do your best! nothing more but nothing less! Good luck.

Tenacious

Badgeman
chieftiff said:
Tenacious said:

Initial training is not easy, it's not meant to be! Its purpose is to indoctrinate you into the service, don't panic you won't be brainwashed. You need to understand the ethos of service life, hard work, comraderie, teamwork, honesty and fun. Unless you are joining the Royal Marines training isn't impossible, look at all those who have succeeded before you, it does however require you to do your best, honestly do your best! nothing more but nothing less! Good luck.

I think I can do all of those, I'm just a very strong willed person and have been known to speak my mind. I've just got to learn to bite my tongue and put my head down. Thanks for the luck I just might need it.

My grandma is always telling me that the services will brain wash you but having seen my dad go through his short PQO course and come out the other side alright except a broken rib, I think I should be able to do especially as it's something I really want to succeed at.