Newbie :) what jobs are currently recruiting

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by richards8610, Sep 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, i've got my afco meeting in a couple of weeks and just wanna know which jobs are recruiting. I've got a list of 5 I'd love to do in the navy but of something is recruiting and I'm moderatly interested I'd probably give it a shot?

2. *sigh*.

Right, look at the thread starting "Galaxy 20 - 2010". From there look at the thread entitled "Approximate Waiting times".

Having looked at both of these, go to your interview, and work out where you want to go from there.

3. Richards,

Your luke-warm "....moderatly interested I'd probably give it a shot...." seems somewhat at odds with what the RN actually needs, ie:

<<The Royal Navy has not frozen recruitment and is always seeking enthusiastic, determined and committed young people to fulfil challenging roles.>> From Guns's Post at

Then there is just the small matter of 'The Waiting Lists'......

Try searching RR yourself to see how long the real applicants are waiting for your list of 'any-one-from-Five' jobs.

Oh, and the best of Luck, you are probably going to need it. :wink:
  4. Hey, cheers for the reply, the posts are very handy...I didn't expect the waiting times to be quite so long!

5. After speaking to an AFCO oppo they are recruiting STC still but you need to speak to your own AFCO for confirmation.
  6. hello, i am very enthusiastic, and willing to wait for what is an ideal role within the navy (aircraft handler). I was just curious as to which jobs are recruiting as an importance or not, i'm itching to join the navy.
  7. As Tommo said, ask the AFCO about STC. It has a fairly short waiting time, probably because it's not for everyone, but it's worth asking about. Good luck with your application.
  8. BZ on your enthusiasm. I repeat 'the best of luck', but your luke-warm first post sure had me fooled.
  9. Correct me if Im wrong but...

Pretty sure they are still actively recruiting, Albeit Not being able to process applicants at the normal pace.

Anyway, to the OP in question. We're all in for a long wait, Get in the queue :lol:
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

At the coal face, we're processing new applications as far as practicably possible.

If someone expresses an interest they're invited to attend a presentation, given an application to sit the recruiting test if they wish to & then tested.

The speed at which they are processed beyond passing the recruiting test depends on the volume of applicants for their chosen branch & the waiting times to join in that trade.

As most elements of selection are "lifed" & need repeating if they expire before the individual actually joins, the next stage of selection beyond the recruiting test may well be quite some time later. The good news is the "clock" starts from when you pass the recruiting test.
  11. AKA "Reggies Runner" :D
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You'll fit in well at BRNC then, Jim... 8O :D