Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie question

Hi all,

I've recently enrolled on the DTUS scheme at university, but with no previous experience or training in the RN way of life. I'm surviving with most things but there's one problem I need to clear up.

I've been given an RN Officer Call 1 Cap (Male) and the cloth badge to be sewn onto it, but have no idea of where to sew the badge to. I roughly know the position it needs to be in, but don't know whether I fasten it to the whole cap material or whatever.

Help would be appreciated.

Hi Jonny,

There should be a black cloth band that fits snugly around the cap. You should be able to remove it, and there will be a join where the two ends are sewn together.

The badge is sewn onto the band so that it covers the join. You should then be able to slip the band back onto the cap and adjust it so that the badge is at the front.

Dazza

Badgeman
Typical! Looking for someone else to solve your problems. You may have 140 UCAS points but no bloody common sense. I wonder if Nelson had the same problem?? Probabley not!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Dazza said:
Typical! Looking for someone else to solve your problems. You may have 140 UCAS points but no bloody common sense. I wonder if Nelson had the same problem?? Probabley not!!

It must be awesome being born knowing everything.... :stfu:

seenoffteefcuk

War Hero
Dazza said:

Dazza your signature says weres ya tool
do you spend all day looking for yourself you fcuking tool

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The Book of Reference, BR81 Chapter 3 states the following.

Article 0312 said:
. Badges Worn by Officers
a. The cap badge shall be worn in the centre of the cap front, sewn to the detachable
braid band. The cloth background shall follow the outline of the badge and be trimmed
no closer than 5mm to the embroidery of the badge.

Zoidberg

War Hero
Dazza said:

Well, he wouldn't have had UCAS points for a start.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J GS or Boats. Newbie question from an older guy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. The Quarterdeck 2
McSkimp Newbie Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
fathaggis Newbie medical question Health & Fitness 123
A Newbie asking many newbie question! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
B Newbie question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Powder Another Newbie question from Powder, Regarding RN Degree Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Powder Sorry for the extremely "newbie" question but.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
R Newbie with a question. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
Sole Newbie Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
Lily jade Newbie Here The Corps 13
B Joining the Navy as a graduate engineer- newbie alert Joining the Royal Navy 7
craigb302 Newbie to submarine service (hopefully) need help understanding navy pay ? Submariners 16
B A few questions (medical/qualification related) from a newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Newbie needing a little help, please! Nearest & Dearest 2
Blackrat Important Newbie Info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Rumrat Bedding and the Iron (Not a newbie fest) The Gash Barge 20
G Newbie Submariners 5
H Newbie. Pay/Length of a deployment? Submariners 19
P Newbie Tony Floyd (Pinky) from Wantage Oxordshire Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Newbie in need of friendly advice/mocking! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
Muppet89 Newbie here! (sort of!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
K I'm a newbie & need help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
SerkJ Newbie Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Rumrat Newbie's Navy. Diamond Lil's 4
P Newbie Questions: Life at sea Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
A newbie with questions The Fleet Air Arm 38
deano232 Newbie - Applying for Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
N Another Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Betty Swollocks Another Newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
M Newbie WAG :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
Powder I feel like a MASSIVE newbie asking this but... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
R Newbie :) what jobs are currently recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
fishcakebreadcake Hello from an old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
BillyNoMates The wonderful world of the Newbie Thread. Diamond Lil's 2
D Newbie to the site Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Scrintzen_Doofer Newbie - Only just found you!!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Navy_Panda Newbie to Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
N Another Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
v8topcat An old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
K Newbie Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
M NEWBIE MEDICAL HELP - DENTAL!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
PROPMAN NEWBIE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
S Newbie - a few medical questions if you would please= ] Health & Fitness 17
G newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Newbie needing info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
A Newbie papping himself!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Louisa_Wren Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 62