Newbie question

Hi all,

I've recently enrolled on the DTUS scheme at university, but with no previous experience or training in the RN way of life. I'm surviving with most things but there's one problem I need to clear up.

I've been given an RN Officer Call 1 Cap (Male) and the cloth badge to be sewn onto it, but have no idea of where to sew the badge to. I roughly know the position it needs to be in, but don't know whether I fasten it to the whole cap material or whatever.

Help would be appreciated.

Hi Jonny,

There should be a black cloth band that fits snugly around the cap. You should be able to remove it, and there will be a join where the two ends are sewn together.

The badge is sewn onto the band so that it covers the join. You should then be able to slip the band back onto the cap and adjust it so that the badge is at the front.

Typical! Looking for someone else to solve your problems. You may have 140 UCAS points but no bloody common sense. I wonder if Nelson had the same problem?? Probabley not!!

Dazza said:
Typical! Looking for someone else to solve your problems. You may have 140 UCAS points but no bloody common sense. I wonder if Nelson had the same problem?? Probabley not!!
It must be awesome being born knowing everything.... :stfu:

Dazza said:
Dazza your signature says weres ya tool
do you spend all day looking for yourself you fcuking tool

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The Book of Reference, BR81 Chapter 3 states the following.

Article 0312 said:
. Badges Worn by Officers
a. The cap badge shall be worn in the centre of the cap front, sewn to the detachable
braid band. The cloth background shall follow the outline of the badge and be trimmed
no closer than 5mm to the embroidery of the badge.

Dazza said:
Well, he wouldn't have had UCAS points for a start.