Newbie needing info

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Medictrisha, Mar 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all
    Just passed psychometric test and now awaiting to do Medical end of March, could anyone tell me what the Medical involves for a woman?

Thank you :?:

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. Thank you but is it the same as what I have seen on other posts. BP, pulse, height, weight, listening to chest, palpating abdo. I have been a paramedic for many many years and have some "war" scares on my body would I need to explain them?

4. What is a war scare? And, as an emergency physician, I'm puzzled as to how civvy paramedics get them, unless stuck in a fire/explosion etc.

If you haven't lied on your paperwork then you have nothing to fear from the medical.

5. I apologise my brain working faster then the fingers. I meant "war" scars. Attending motor vehicle accidents doing rescues etc and also a couple of train wrecks, one plane crash, one heli crash, plenty gang violence altercations. Maybe I should explain I was a para in South Africa. Nothing major just I just cannot remember where I got them all.

Thank you for any assistance.

6. Hi trisha i also have my medical at the end of march, good luck

7. I would imagine after what you have just described they would be worried about the mental scaring rather than the physical ones!

8. Hey good luck. After all I have read we will be fine.

9. Amazing enough all the I have done etc has been part of the job and I am an extremely strong person, although some of it was horrific treating the patients and getting them to the hospital alive was enough reward.

10. I remember I had to get strip down to my underwear for my medical. Stand arms stretch out, whilst the doctor wrote notes. There was always a female nurse in the room. I don't think there is much psychical involved. I think it's the doctor having to mark down distinguishing marks on the med forms.

Good luck

11. Thank you to everyone for all the comments. I think I just need to chill I've got nothing to hide and I am honest on the forms.

So hold thumbs for me I'll keep you posted.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Me too. Do you want it back?

13. last medical i had i remember the doctor telling me to pee in a glass jar, it was a good 12 feet away, i may have stood a chance if he had given me something to stand on

moral is ask for a chair just in case

14. That was funny 30 years ago.

Good old Ronnie Barker.

15. Was it you whole half inched my jimmy choos! And yes I would like them back :lol:

16. Would you like a copy of the video as well??

17. :oops: Go on then, makes light entertainment