Newbie needing info

M

Medictrisha

Hi all
Just passed psychometric test and now awaiting to do Medical end of March, could anyone tell me what the Medical involves for a woman?

Thank you :?:

M

Medictrisha

Thank you but is it the same as what I have seen on other posts. BP, pulse, height, weight, listening to chest, palpating abdo. I have been a paramedic for many many years and have some "war" scares on my body would I need to explain them?

A

angrydoc

What is a war scare? And, as an emergency physician, I'm puzzled as to how civvy paramedics get them, unless stuck in a fire/explosion etc.

If you haven't lied on your paperwork then you have nothing to fear from the medical.

M

Medictrisha

I apologise my brain working faster then the fingers. I meant "war" scars. Attending motor vehicle accidents doing rescues etc and also a couple of train wrecks, one plane crash, one heli crash, plenty gang violence altercations. Maybe I should explain I was a para in South Africa. Nothing major just I just cannot remember where I got them all.

Thank you for any assistance.

Medictrisha said:
I apologise my brain working faster then the fingers. I meant "war" scars. Attending motor vehicle accidents doing rescues etc and also a couple of train wrecks, one plane crash, one heli crash, plenty gang violence altercations. Maybe I should explain I was a para in South Africa. Nothing major just I just cannot remember where I got them all.

Thank you for any assistance.
I would imagine after what you have just described they would be worried about the mental scaring rather than the physical ones!

M

Medictrisha

Amazing enough all the I have done etc has been part of the job and I am an extremely strong person, although some of it was horrific treating the patients and getting them to the hospital alive was enough reward.

I remember I had to get strip down to my underwear for my medical. Stand arms stretch out, whilst the doctor wrote notes. There was always a female nurse in the room. I don't think there is much psychical involved. I think it's the doctor having to mark down distinguishing marks on the med forms.

Good luck

M

Medictrisha

Thank you to everyone for all the comments. I think I just need to chill I've got nothing to hide and I am honest on the forms.

So hold thumbs for me I'll keep you posted.

last medical i had i remember the doctor telling me to pee in a glass jar, it was a good 12 feet away, i may have stood a chance if he had given me something to stand on

moral is ask for a chair just in case