Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie needing info

M

Medictrisha

Hi all
Just passed psychometric test and now awaiting to do Medical end of March, could anyone tell me what the Medical involves for a woman?

Thank you :?:

M

Medictrisha

Thank you but is it the same as what I have seen on other posts. BP, pulse, height, weight, listening to chest, palpating abdo. I have been a paramedic for many many years and have some "war" scares on my body would I need to explain them?

A

angrydoc

What is a war scare? And, as an emergency physician, I'm puzzled as to how civvy paramedics get them, unless stuck in a fire/explosion etc.

If you haven't lied on your paperwork then you have nothing to fear from the medical.

M

Medictrisha

I apologise my brain working faster then the fingers. I meant "war" scars. Attending motor vehicle accidents doing rescues etc and also a couple of train wrecks, one plane crash, one heli crash, plenty gang violence altercations. Maybe I should explain I was a para in South Africa. Nothing major just I just cannot remember where I got them all.

Thank you for any assistance.

Waspie

War Hero
Medictrisha said:
I apologise my brain working faster then the fingers. I meant "war" scars. Attending motor vehicle accidents doing rescues etc and also a couple of train wrecks, one plane crash, one heli crash, plenty gang violence altercations. Maybe I should explain I was a para in South Africa. Nothing major just I just cannot remember where I got them all.

Thank you for any assistance.

I would imagine after what you have just described they would be worried about the mental scaring rather than the physical ones!

M

Medictrisha

Hey good luck. After all I have read we will be fine.

M

Medictrisha

Amazing enough all the I have done etc has been part of the job and I am an extremely strong person, although some of it was horrific treating the patients and getting them to the hospital alive was enough reward.

D

Deleted 7

I remember I had to get strip down to my underwear for my medical. Stand arms stretch out, whilst the doctor wrote notes. There was always a female nurse in the room. I don't think there is much psychical involved. I think it's the doctor having to mark down distinguishing marks on the med forms.

Good luck

M

Medictrisha

Thank you to everyone for all the comments. I think I just need to chill I've got nothing to hide and I am honest on the forms.

So hold thumbs for me I'll keep you posted.

last medical i had i remember the doctor telling me to pee in a glass jar, it was a good 12 feet away, i may have stood a chance if he had given me something to stand on

moral is ask for a chair just in case

D

Deleted 7

Ninja_Stoker said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
I remember I had to strip down to my underwear for my medical.

Me too. Do you want it back?

Was it you whole half inched my jimmy choos! And yes I would like them back :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Newbie needing a little help, please! Nearest & Dearest 2
B Newbie needing advice and guidance:P :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
Lily jade Newbie Here The Corps 13
J GS or Boats. Newbie question from an older guy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
B Joining the Navy as a graduate engineer- newbie alert Joining the Royal Navy 7
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. The Quarterdeck 2
craigb302 Newbie to submarine service (hopefully) need help understanding navy pay ? Submariners 16
B A few questions (medical/qualification related) from a newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Blackrat Important Newbie Info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Rumrat Bedding and the Iron (Not a newbie fest) The Gash Barge 20
G Newbie Submariners 5
H Newbie. Pay/Length of a deployment? Submariners 19
P Newbie Tony Floyd (Pinky) from Wantage Oxordshire Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Newbie in need of friendly advice/mocking! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
Muppet89 Newbie here! (sort of!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
K I'm a newbie & need help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
SerkJ Newbie Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Rumrat Newbie's Navy. Diamond Lil's 4
P Newbie Questions: Life at sea Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
A newbie with questions The Fleet Air Arm 38
deano232 Newbie - Applying for Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
N Another Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Betty Swollocks Another Newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
M Newbie WAG :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
McSkimp Newbie Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Powder I feel like a MASSIVE newbie asking this but... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
R Newbie :) what jobs are currently recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
fathaggis Newbie medical question Health & Fitness 123
fishcakebreadcake Hello from an old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
BillyNoMates The wonderful world of the Newbie Thread. Diamond Lil's 2
D Newbie to the site Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Scrintzen_Doofer Newbie - Only just found you!!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Navy_Panda Newbie to Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
N Another Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
v8topcat An old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
K Newbie Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
M NEWBIE MEDICAL HELP - DENTAL!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
PROPMAN NEWBIE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
S Newbie - a few medical questions if you would please= ] Health & Fitness 17
G newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
A Newbie papping himself!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Louisa_Wren Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 62
D Advice on knowledge for a newbie. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9