Newbie Medical Issues

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by sgtpepperband, Jun 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As Angrydoc is a very busy man, he cannot personally answer all the health-related questions from Newbies, who see fit to seek medical advice from a complete stranger on a public forum.

Therefore, unless your complaint is life-threatening (or you can't be arsed to seek help from your own GP), please use this website as necessary:

8O :wink:
  2. I got a letter from JPAC asking for NOK details as I was still liable for reserve service. Brought me out in a cold sweat and the shakes, faster heart rate etc when I got it, followed by the sh1ts when I read it. Does that count as life threatening as it's not on the database 8O
  3. sgtpepperband

In the absence of Angrydoc, I will attempt to answer this.

Take a Brufen and plaster it to your forehead. NEXT!
  4. Two brufen is much better! How about some paracetamol as well (or is that too advanced)? ;)
  5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

How things have changed, it used to be Asprin in my day
  6. If you have asthma, don't use the Brufen what ever you do. Take two paracetamol sit in a darkened room and play Revielle at full blast,.... just to remind you what you're missing, run out of the room and take a cold shower then make your bed pusser fashion, then GLIFT AND GLEEM THE WHOLE HOUSE. If you're heart's still racing it means you haven't been running everywhere! Naughty boy! :twisted:
  7. Thingy

Don't have asthma..... I was a submariner
    Play reveille ??????
    A SHOWER :twisted: ...I was a submariner
    Make my bed???.... I was a submariner
    Glift and Gleem??? never heard of them, what's wrong with good old pusser's Teepol
  8. The asthma and brufen thing is horribly overplayed. The vast majority of asthmatics can take brufen (and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatories) without any bother. The way to find out is to ask them "Can you take ibuprofen?". If they have taken it before without any bother, then crack on. If they developed bronchospasm, then it's probably not such a good idea.

As the meerkat says, "Shimplesh".
  9. That'll be a Dutch meerkat then Doc?
  10. Iranian I believe.
  11. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

That's me fcuked then - allergic to both aspirin and Ibuprofen :(
  12. sgtpepperband

I see you posted that at 0801 - Fresh Cases obviously quiet this morning, Doc?! :lol:

By the way, do Sick Bays still have a big drawer of Foxtrot Oscar pills? Or perhaps a large tube of 'Obecalp'? :wink:
  13. We have "man up pills" - also known as Vitamin C ;)