Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie Here

SerkJ

I'm a Commonwealth Citizen applying to join the Royal Navy. I've filled out both the request form and spoken with a representative. I was told that it should take 3 weeks to reach by post as I reside in the Caribbean. What I would like to know is the next step after receiving the form and what to expect.

The gentleman that I spoke with on the phone also informed me that since I'm a Commonwealth Citizen I am limited to several jobs and wrote me as "General Interest". After searching the jobs I see available are: Supply Chain Logistician, Steward, Medical Assistant and Engineering Technician.

I've also read that there is a waiting list for the jobs; does anyone know how long the waiting times are for the jobs I've listed?

Thank you for taking time to read my message I'll be looking forward to any answers and guidance that you'll can give.

smeeg

Lantern Swinger
Huge waiting lists, (around 2 years) but don't let that put you off! Don't invest in English weather clothing quite yet though mate! Not that i have any experience at all doing any of the jobs apart from the engineering, but if you can try and go for either a Medical or Engineering branch. No slight do the Dusty's intended!

TrialsLife

Lantern Swinger
I think the etme branch's waiting times are back to 18 months which i think is the norm. Not sure about any other branch.

Once you make an application, you will have to come across to the UK to undergo selection (Written test, Medical, Fitness test and interview). Once you have been processed and hopefully passed each section you will then go on to a waiting list to join. The average waiting times are approx 18 to 24 months.

The overseas recruiter will deal with your initial paperwork, but you would be passed on to the nearest office to where you intend to stay when you come to the UK (Sponsors address).

Hope this helps, but you will get loads of info in the post, which explain everything for you

Kind regards

SM

SerkJ

Thank you'll very much, you've been very helpful. I look forward to my time here, thanks for your support

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lily jade Newbie Here The Corps 13
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. The Quarterdeck 2
Muppet89 Newbie here! (sort of!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
K Newbie Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
R Hi newbie here! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
B Hi newbie here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Newbie - On here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
jonosi hi all newbie here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
S Newbie here. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
T newbie here! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
O hi another newbie here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
J GS or Boats. Newbie question from an older guy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
B Joining the Navy as a graduate engineer- newbie alert Joining the Royal Navy 7
craigb302 Newbie to submarine service (hopefully) need help understanding navy pay ? Submariners 16
B A few questions (medical/qualification related) from a newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Newbie needing a little help, please! Nearest & Dearest 2
Blackrat Important Newbie Info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Rumrat Bedding and the Iron (Not a newbie fest) The Gash Barge 20
G Newbie Submariners 5
H Newbie. Pay/Length of a deployment? Submariners 19
P Newbie Tony Floyd (Pinky) from Wantage Oxordshire Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Newbie in need of friendly advice/mocking! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
K I'm a newbie & need help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
Rumrat Newbie's Navy. Diamond Lil's 4
P Newbie Questions: Life at sea Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
A newbie with questions The Fleet Air Arm 38
deano232 Newbie - Applying for Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
N Another Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Betty Swollocks Another Newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
M Newbie WAG :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
McSkimp Newbie Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Powder I feel like a MASSIVE newbie asking this but... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
R Newbie :) what jobs are currently recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
fathaggis Newbie medical question Health & Fitness 123
fishcakebreadcake Hello from an old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
BillyNoMates The wonderful world of the Newbie Thread. Diamond Lil's 2
D Newbie to the site Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Scrintzen_Doofer Newbie - Only just found you!!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Navy_Panda Newbie to Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
N Another Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
v8topcat An old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M NEWBIE MEDICAL HELP - DENTAL!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
PROPMAN NEWBIE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
S Newbie - a few medical questions if you would please= ] Health & Fitness 17
G newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Newbie needing info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
A Newbie papping himself!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Louisa_Wren Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 62