Newbie here.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SteveB, Nov 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

Hope all are well! My names Steve I joined today after looking at this site for some time. I'm hoping to join the RN pretty soon maybe as an AET which seems pretty much in demand.

No doubt i'll have some questions to throw at you all soon like am I too bloody old to join!? (28) :afro:
  2. Welcome to RR.

No, you're not too old to join the navy. Might I suggest that you have a good look around the Newbie section of RR as there is currently a plethora of information about joining the navy and most of the questions that you are likely to ask have alread been asked and answered. It will save you a lot of hassle in the longrun.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So still plenty of time to change your mind then..? Welcome to Rum Ration, mate! :thumright:
  4. Thanks,

Glad i'm not too old
    Yeah i've had a good look around, last thing I want is to ask questions that have already been answered somewhere :thumright:

AET appealed to me at first but then so did the others, I have time like you said. Will have a wee look around for info on other branches now :w00t: :w00t:
  5. Welcome.

Don't ask a question thats already been answered, they don't take prisoners on here. :thumright:

28 old? You're a baby!
  6. Just remember that this is an UNOFFICIAL site and anything that is quoted on here about recruitment should be clarified at your local AFCO. There is, however, some very reliable info on this site, but sorting out the wheat from the chaff can be difficult, and don't become a victim of selective hearing/reading.

7. I can only imagine :tp:
    Soon as I get a better idea of which branch i'll contact my local office. I'm on the official site now but it's running so slow i'll be 50 by the time I find out anything :dwarf:

Either way i'll post in these forums the path I take :w00t:
  8. You'll be 50 before this lot stop abusing you for asking questions already asked. :thumright:

We're all lovely really... :w00t:
  9. Got a 32 year old just joined from RALEIGH. Older recruits aren't that uncommon and generally find the whole training package easier because they have experienced life in general outside the school environment.

If you're keen to join make a start on getting your fitness up to speed if it isn't already there.

Good luck.

10. Fitness needs some work, that's for sure!

I'm looking forward to it though, very interested to see how far I can push myself. :w00t:

:w00t: - I think that's my favourate emote
  11. Welcome to RR SteveB