Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie here! (sort of!)

Muppet89

Hey everyone!

I can hopefully reapply in the next couple of months due to being medically discharged earlier in the year.

Also thinking of changing trades, whilst at Raleigh i found out alot of information about other trades which made me think that the one i chose may not of been totally ideal for me!

Deciding between Writer and WS!

Is the process to reapply pretty much the same as i have already done in 2009/2010? I know i will have to redo another medical and PJFT as i spoke to my AFCO briefly when i got discharged!

admiralscruff

Lantern Swinger
new things like the RNAC have been added and Raleigh is now a 10 week course. I'm not entirely sure of the details, so you might want to ask someone like Ninja Stoker who'll know more than me

Muppet89

to be fair, it might have been a temporary condition, but it's a very valid point

well ive been to physio ect and theyve signed me off as fit. Ive been running 2-3mile every other day without pain and i can do my 2.4km in 12.45min so im pretty much fixed! (i hope!)

Muppet89

They asked me if i wanted to go on the RNAC just before i went to Raleigh, but i understand its now compulsary? and its a pass or fail?!

I didnt go first time round due to work - they wouldnt let me have any time off!

Muppet89

People don't generally get medically discharged for 'temporary conditions' - there would be no-one left in the RN, lots of people are temporarily downgraded.

Happy to be corrected on this with regard to Phase 1 training but I can't see it myself, I myself was downgraded in Phase 1 due to a medical problem that was temporary.

I had very bad shin splints. The week before i came home i were hobbling around Raleigh on crutches!
They did say if this had happened last year or anytime before the defence review they would of probably kept me there until i were sorted but with all the cut backs they couldnt justify keeping me there so they discharged me and said i could reapply in 6months time.
Ive left it slightly longer than the 6month to make sure everything is working properly without any pain!

Muppet89

Im a girl...i do get 13.15min! This only going off my first timed 2.4km since i started training again!

admiralscruff

Lantern Swinger
ah, fair enough. Good luck to you. But, damn, I wish I didn't have to do it 2 minutes quicker than you. I wasn't built with running in mind (yeah, I'm a hobbit :D). I would love it if there was an alternative based on cycling, cos that's my forte.

ah, fair enough. Good luck to you. But, damn, I wish I didn't have to do it 2 minutes quicker than you. I wasn't built with running in mind (yeah, I'm a hobbit :D). I would love it if there was an alternative based on cycling, cos that's my forte.

i dont think i were built to run either! ive had too many injuries!

Edited to say good luck!!

A bit too quick with the mouse there. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lily jade Newbie Here The Corps 13
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. The Quarterdeck 2
SerkJ Newbie Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
K Newbie Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
R Hi newbie here! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
B Hi newbie here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Newbie - On here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
jonosi hi all newbie here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
S Newbie here. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
T newbie here! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
O hi another newbie here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
J GS or Boats. Newbie question from an older guy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
B Joining the Navy as a graduate engineer- newbie alert Joining the Royal Navy 7
craigb302 Newbie to submarine service (hopefully) need help understanding navy pay ? Submariners 16
B A few questions (medical/qualification related) from a newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Newbie needing a little help, please! Nearest & Dearest 2
Blackrat Important Newbie Info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Rumrat Bedding and the Iron (Not a newbie fest) The Gash Barge 20
G Newbie Submariners 5
H Newbie. Pay/Length of a deployment? Submariners 19
P Newbie Tony Floyd (Pinky) from Wantage Oxordshire Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Newbie in need of friendly advice/mocking! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
K I'm a newbie & need help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
Rumrat Newbie's Navy. Diamond Lil's 4
P Newbie Questions: Life at sea Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
A newbie with questions The Fleet Air Arm 38
deano232 Newbie - Applying for Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
N Another Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Betty Swollocks Another Newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
M Newbie WAG :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
McSkimp Newbie Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Powder I feel like a MASSIVE newbie asking this but... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
R Newbie :) what jobs are currently recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
fathaggis Newbie medical question Health & Fitness 123
fishcakebreadcake Hello from an old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
BillyNoMates The wonderful world of the Newbie Thread. Diamond Lil's 2
D Newbie to the site Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Scrintzen_Doofer Newbie - Only just found you!!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Navy_Panda Newbie to Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
N Another Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
v8topcat An old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M NEWBIE MEDICAL HELP - DENTAL!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
PROPMAN NEWBIE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
S Newbie - a few medical questions if you would please= ] Health & Fitness 17
G newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Newbie needing info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
A Newbie papping himself!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Louisa_Wren Newbie! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 62