Newbie here! (sort of!)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Muppet89, Nov 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey everyone!

I can hopefully reapply in the next couple of months due to being medically discharged earlier in the year.

Also thinking of changing trades, whilst at Raleigh i found out alot of information about other trades which made me think that the one i chose may not of been totally ideal for me!

Deciding between Writer and WS!

Is the process to reapply pretty much the same as i have already done in 2009/2010? I know i will have to redo another medical and PJFT as i spoke to my AFCO briefly when i got discharged!
  2. new things like the RNAC have been added and Raleigh is now a 10 week course. I'm not entirely sure of the details, so you might want to ask someone like Ninja Stoker who'll know more than me
  3. The rather obvious question is: if you were medically discharged, why are you now better enough to re-join?
  4. to be fair, it might have been a temporary condition, but it's a very valid point
  5. well ive been to physio ect and theyve signed me off as fit. Ive been running 2-3mile every other day without pain and i can do my 2.4km in 12.45min so im pretty much fixed! (i hope!)
  6. They asked me if i wanted to go on the RNAC just before i went to Raleigh, but i understand its now compulsary? and its a pass or fail?!

I didnt go first time round due to work - they wouldnt let me have any time off!

7. I had very bad shin splints. The week before i came home i were hobbling around Raleigh on crutches!
    They did say if this had happened last year or anytime before the defence review they would of probably kept me there until i were sorted but with all the cut backs they couldnt justify keeping me there so they discharged me and said i could reapply in 6months time.
    Ive left it slightly longer than the 6month to make sure everything is working properly without any pain!
  8. Im a girl...i do get 13.15min! This only going off my first timed 2.4km since i started training again!
  9. ah, fair enough. Good luck to you. But, damn, I wish I didn't have to do it 2 minutes quicker than you. I wasn't built with running in mind (yeah, I'm a hobbit :D). I would love it if there was an alternative based on cycling, cos that's my forte.
  10. i dont think i were built to run either! ive had too many injuries!

Edited to say good luck!!

A bit too quick with the mouse there. :)
  11. With continuing long waiting lists, getting back in may not be a given....
  12. How long were you placed into stonehouse for with shinsplints?
  13. Just under 3 weeks. i did alot of swimming!