Newbie here! (sort of!)

Hey everyone!

I can hopefully reapply in the next couple of months due to being medically discharged earlier in the year.

Also thinking of changing trades, whilst at Raleigh i found out alot of information about other trades which made me think that the one i chose may not of been totally ideal for me!

Deciding between Writer and WS!

Is the process to reapply pretty much the same as i have already done in 2009/2010? I know i will have to redo another medical and PJFT as i spoke to my AFCO briefly when i got discharged!

admiralscruff

Lantern Swinger
new things like the RNAC have been added and Raleigh is now a 10 week course. I'm not entirely sure of the details, so you might want to ask someone like Ninja Stoker who'll know more than me

They asked me if i wanted to go on the RNAC just before i went to Raleigh, but i understand its now compulsary? and its a pass or fail?!

I didnt go first time round due to work - they wouldnt let me have any time off!

People don't generally get medically discharged for 'temporary conditions' - there would be no-one left in the RN, lots of people are temporarily downgraded.

Happy to be corrected on this with regard to Phase 1 training but I can't see it myself, I myself was downgraded in Phase 1 due to a medical problem that was temporary.

I had very bad shin splints. The week before i came home i were hobbling around Raleigh on crutches!
They did say if this had happened last year or anytime before the defence review they would of probably kept me there until i were sorted but with all the cut backs they couldnt justify keeping me there so they discharged me and said i could reapply in 6months time.
Ive left it slightly longer than the 6month to make sure everything is working properly without any pain!

admiralscruff

Lantern Swinger
ah, fair enough. Good luck to you. But, damn, I wish I didn't have to do it 2 minutes quicker than you. I wasn't built with running in mind (yeah, I'm a hobbit :D). I would love it if there was an alternative based on cycling, cos that's my forte.

ah, fair enough. Good luck to you. But, damn, I wish I didn't have to do it 2 minutes quicker than you. I wasn't built with running in mind (yeah, I'm a hobbit :D). I would love it if there was an alternative based on cycling, cos that's my forte.
i dont think i were built to run either! ive had too many injuries!

Edited to say good luck!!

A bit too quick with the mouse there. :)