New Years Honours list 2007

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by slim, Dec 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. damn!!!!! not on there.......again! what does one have to do? lol

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Looks incomplete. The only military mentions seem to be for those retired and working in Service charities. I'll wait until the Telegraph publish their much more readable (than a 90 page Adobe file) version.

If I was on it, I'd know by now. :(

3. Seadog

4. What are the club swingers doing there? Honours for organising netball?

5. Seadog

Wayne Okell does a lot more than take lunchtime circuits. He's been full on the last 15 years.

Top bloke, well deserved.

6. Wayne Okell was the LPT in HMS Mercury in the early 90's who used to take my class for PT. He was a top guy then and it's good to see he's done so well.

7. Surgeon Commodore Nick Baldock gets a CBE - top bloke.

8. :lol: Here here!

9. I agree - even though (when we Lieutenants together) he always pinched my pipe tobacco. His Dad and mine were old chums in Canterbury, Kent a million years ago.

10. Wisk I'd been given one of them there honour thingy's. I would have sold it for a few beer tokens on Ebay.
    Wonder what my LSGC medal will bring?

11. Seeing as my original post was deleted coz I dared to question the award to a certain officer, I shall repost this.

Well done to Wayno who has done an awful lot for promoting Rugby League in the RN and a who lot more besides. Congrats mate.

I shall now have to bite my lip and not make a comment about one of the awards to an officer whom I know and is NOT deserving of such an award. :) The old school tie and back slapping wins again.

12. To be fair Brigham mate,
    It's not fair to go slagging off people by name in a public forum, and besides, isn't it entirely possible that the officer in question has been deemed worthy of their award based on accomplishments, that you're not aware of?

13. Actually with all the Opdef and other rubbish that they goes on about I'm suprised that ANY names have been mentioned, Good or Bad, there is after all certain things that can be gleaned from the above posts which would suprise a few people!

Must be the good old two faced efficiancy and competance that the 'Andrew' is renowed for! So it's nice to see that somethings never change!!

go on then censor it, it is after all a criticism is it not? (I'd like to apologise for the spelling but I can't spell it!)

14. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Agreed. He has been seriously involved in setting up RN Rugby League (from nothing) in the past ten years. He also grafts like **** at Talybont. Well deserved, and congrats Wayne.

Levers

15. Is it my imagination or is the size of the Navy and military list getting smaller each year and not just in proportion to the reduction in size of the forces themselves.

SF

16. This Honours List reflects and pays tribute to outstanding achievement and service right across the community and the nation as a whole.

As in previous lists a key aim has been to reward those people who have really changed things, or who have given outstanding service to others in difficult situations. Talybont / Butlins, hmmm.

17. Seadog

safewalrus wrote
    OPDEFs are a fact of life but I've yet to see a sport OPDEF. Maybe the awards to engineers were for innovative OPDEF resolutions that saved the day Scotty style. Is that not so, safewalrus?

18. Happy with Wayne O getting the recognition he deserves. Not sure about one of the WO1's tho......