Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW VIRUS

mattbea

Banned
stop taking the internet so bloody serious mate, people can obviously affect your feelings even over the internet... I wouldnt use it if I was you!

mattbea

Banned
and actually I knew it was something to do with linux which ubuntu is supposedly a good version, and I dont deal with any other OS than windows, which does not mean people who only do windows are not IT pros, I have zero to prove to you and I cant understand what your really on about anyway, good point! anyway I havnt got a virus and I know how to remove them, thats me pretty much sorted anyway. And you obviously cannot have a laugh either, like Im anywhere near a worldwide security geezer, andym got it right! he obviously figured the sarcasm

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
"Taxi for Matt!" :pukel:

mattbea

Banned
lol, I heard they good for that.. seriously though guys I do allsorts over the net and I have no problems whatsoever on this computer, I find it really uncommon to have a virus now but some people just unlucky

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
mattbea said:
lol, I heard they good for that.. seriously though guys I do allsorts over the net and I have no problems whatsoever on this computer, I find it really uncommon to have a virus now but some people just unlucky

You may speak 'pooter lingo, but you certainly don't speak MY language... :roll:

mattbea

Banned
yea I am pretty sure I dont.... I didnt understand anything other than "you dont speak my language" the seriousity in this forum sometimes!!! chill out and have a laugh

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
mattbea said:
yea I am pretty sure I dont.... I didnt understand anything other than "you dont speak my language" the seriousity in this forum sometimes!!! chill out and have a laugh

Oh I am, believe me... AT you, not WITH you!

Anyway you're up early today. Wassup? 'Signing On' day, is it? :?

mattbea

Banned
sgtpepperband why are you so nasty? and look... you may gain confidence by trying to bully people on here and getting a little group to join in as it may excite you. You are absolutely nothing as far as I am concerned and please do not try and make yourself sound like your "bigboy" to me because you are simply nothing. I come on here to ask advice, join in on conversations and I do not ask for you to laugh with me, sorry but invites are limited kiddo.

NotmeChief

Banned
Pantho said:
Greenie said:
mattbea said:
Just stick to normal websites not any that are full of ads, they tend to do alot of damage, all viruses come from the internet

get yourself a good Anti virus programme ----Norton Internet Security
its a bit pricey but its worth every penny . Regular update downloads and full system scans.
There's more cookies and information seekers on the www than you would ever imagine --viruses are just malicious and a pain in the butt -- the
cookie and info gatherers are dangerous .
I don't use online banking ,buying online I use a credit card or paypal .
Sending cheques is a minefield -a cheque contains all your bank details .

Yes the internet is the best thing ever but there are a lot of high tech
criminals out there aswell -all trying to get into your computer.

:nemo: :nemo:

You sir, are a fool.

Norton internet security is a joke, and completely so. If you must get a Antivirus i advise AVG (google it). Or, a nice one is NOD but NOD is not free.

Scammers will never get your bank details by a virus, its way to unproductive. They get hundreds and thousand by spoof websites. I could go into certain underground chatrooms with $100 and come out with 100 paypal accounts, non of which come from virus infections.

First thing is people always mix up terms of virus/spyware. So lets just call them all a virus for this shall we.

Most times a virus is to achieve a goal. This could be abusing your system resources to run tasks for the maker. Or to collect information about you and your system.

Sometimes a virus can be to cause havoc or destroy your system. like most of the popular XP virus programs that got flooded during <=sp1 they played havoc and caused 100% cpu usage and lame shit like this.

Forgive my mixed up ramblings as i am tired.

Nice post Pantho.

One other thing that I would to add about the Norton rubbish.
Norton contains spyware. If you are running Spybot (and everyone should) then Norton will ask you to remove it before the install as Spybot will pick up the spyware contained in Norton, (Norton don't tell you that last bit, it just says it conflicts).

McHammock

Lantern Swinger
You have just received the Amish virus. Because we don't use electricity, we don't have any computers or programming experience, so this virus works on the honor system. Please delete all the files from your hard drive and then manually forward this virus to everyone on your mailing list.

Thank you for your cooperation and.....God bless you.

NotmeChief

Banned
mattbea said:
Just stick to normal websites not any that are full of ads, they tend to do alot of damage, all viruses come from the internet

Just one other thing, all viruses do not just come via the internet (your really mean the WWW, not the internet).

There is a very strong worldwide team that put viruses onto CDs, (used to be floppies), and leave them around in public meeting places such as cafes and libraries.

Knowing the nature of people, they will pick up these CDs and take them home to see what are on them, that is when the transfer happens.
The viruses being self propagating, they don't need to leave thousands to achieve their goal.

mattbea

Banned
Must admit though, pretty desperate people! Ive never heard of that 1 but will keep it in mind, thinking about it though I dont even use my cd/dvdrw anymore whatsoever, I have no floppy disk drive as when I built this thought well there is no need I never use them anymore!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Spending Review to fight virus, deliver promises and invest in UK’s recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary visits South Korea and Vietnam pledging to work together in virus fight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger measures brought in to tackle virus in Bolton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest testing programme for coronavirus shows virus continued to decline in June MoD News 0
Stirlin McAfee virus protection. Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: ‘It’s humanity against the virus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government begins large-scale virus infection and antibody test study MoD News 0
D Corona virus-Will Navy Net ever recover? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Corona virus (COVID-19) - Updates and changes to services MoD News 0
fishhead Corona Virus and the RN Joining the Royal Navy 19
SONAR-BENDER Corona Virus Diamond Lil's 2063
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tick-borne encephalitis virus detected in ticks in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New legislation to prevent harmful rose virus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bluetongue virus detected and dealt with in cattle in Yorkshire MoD News 0
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
NotmeChief Got a Virus - damn Bloody Computers 2
(granny) computer virus's Current Affairs 2
Scouse_Castaway New PC- Best Anti Virus? Bloody Computers 42
Rumrat Virus alert Current Affairs 4
(granny) A computer virus. Bloody Computers 4
RN_Commando conficker virus Bloody Computers 18
babystew nasty virus Bloody Computers 16
Seaweed VIRUS WARNING RED Current Affairs 3
N Prevent Virus infection on your PC Diamond Lil's 2