New virtual AIB completed - medical

Thanks for the information. Well, very well done on passing the interview with flying colours, that seems like very good praise to receive. Best of luck with the remainder of your selection. My ACLO said that the group exercise wasn't virtual but was instead in person at Sultan however he wasn't entirely sure because it's so new - so please take that with a pinch of salt until someone else confirms or says otherwise.
Thanks mate. It’s definitely virtual, they have rolled it out already with the RM and it’s been confirmed by my ACLO but it’s just a waiting game. How you doing with your application Sea Hawk?

SeaHawk14

Badgeman
Thanks mate. It’s definitely virtual, they have rolled it out already with the RM and it’s been confirmed by my ACLO but it’s just a waiting game. How you doing with your application Sea Hawk?
Okay, thanks for clarifying. I'll make sure to check that with him to see if he's got new info. Yeah, I'm waiting for a date for the interview, I've been told it could be up to six months still, I'm hoping for a May 22 intake so I hope that info is wrong also.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I'll make sure to check that with him to see if he's got new info. Yeah, I'm waiting for a date for the interview, I've been told it could be up to six months still, I'm hoping for a May 22 intake so I hope that info is wrong also.
Crikey SeaHawk another 6 months? I’m going to have a stab in the dark here and say Aviation Branch? Cross fingers they come through for you.

UPDATE! The virtual group leadership exercises have been rolled out and a fellow officer candidate who I am in contact with is having his this afternoon. Apparantely they are doing it branch at a time.
Also passed my medical but the new Covid rules said I had to do a peak flow at home then send in. Received a letter that I am TMU - finished peak flow all good and hoping this won’t hold me up from the last round.

navynet1

Great news! The peak flow diary is no problem, I was told I was fit for service the day after I sent back my peak flow results. Best of luck with the group exercise.

navynet1

Sounds positive, thanks so much for that reassurance. Where are you at in the process now?
I’m waiting on the first part of AIB at the moment. Ive also got to complete FATs and an aircrew specific medical so expecting quite a long wait. I only started my application in September so it’s been oddly quick so far. How long was your wait between careers discussion and AIB?

I’m waiting on the first part of AIB at the moment. Ive also got to complete FATs and an aircrew specific medical so expecting quite a long wait. I only started my application in September so it’s been oddly quick so far. How long was your wait between careers discussion and AIB?
It sounds like Aviation is quite a wait, from what I have seen/read. Worth the wait though!!
I had my sift in March and then AIB Oct and I’ve just had a call from Admiral Board to book me in for my virtual group assessment on Jan 11th 2022.
Keep us all updated and goodluck. If anyone is reading this having had their vAIB waiting for vGroupEx apparently it is branch by branch. I am Warfare fleet. I know someone who has it this week and they are xSubs.

There seems to be a lot of skewed information flying around. I have personally struggled with having a reliable ACLO. Thankfully that has been resolved now. Passed my vAIB Interview perhaps 2 or 3 weeks ago now. I have my group EX next week and my application is for Warfare General Service.
Application Started: September 2020
Fitness Test: December 2020
Initial OCD: March 2021
AIB: November-December 2021

There seems to be a lot of skewed information flying around. I have personally struggled with having a reliable ACLO. Thankfully that has been resolved now. Passed my vAIB Interview perhaps 2 or 3 weeks ago now. I have my group EX next week and my application is for Warfare General Service.
Application Started: September 2020
Fitness Test: December 2020
Initial OCD: March 2021
AIB: November-December 2021
Nice one mate!
Goodluck with it, I’m not far behind ya. I’m general Warfare surface too

fishhead

War Hero
It's worth remembering when exchanging details of your progress through the recruitment jungle that everyone's situation is unique to them. If someone appears ahead of the curve it may not mean you're behind the curve and vice versa. Everyone arrives at the same point eventually but for some the road is bumpier than for others.
Good luck with your chosen career.

It's worth remembering when exchanging details of your progress through the recruitment jungle that everyone's situation is unique to them. If someone appears ahead of the curve it may not mean you're behind the curve and vice versa. Everyone arrives at the same point eventually but for some the road is bumpier than for others.
Good luck with your chosen career.
Thanks so much Fishhead :))

Latest Threads