New USN Uniforms

D

Deleted 7

The 'Action rig' that replaced the No.4's was ok. The top was pants but the the trousers I think were better than the No.4's style. Only problem was that life of them was bad and they are easy to get out of shape!

PartTimer

War Hero
Jenny_Dabber said:
The 'Action rig' that replaced the No.4's was ok. The top was pants but the the trousers I think were better than the No.4's style. Only problem was that life of them was bad and they are easy to get out of shape!

Trousers have been kept - the tops I think suffered from being supplied by the lowest possible bidder. And they looked pants :wink: .

D

Deleted 7

The tops were [email protected]! They faded in colour and ironing them grrrrrrrrr! And to be honest they were not practical for everyday work life. Wore them in the Gulf and it was baking!

Glad some one had seen some sense :roll:

Skunkmiester

Lantern Swinger
You should all wear uniform like the ones of Star Trek - skin tight lycra. Bet the interest in physical excercise would go up a few notches after that, what with all the beer bellies and saggy bums.

It would be a very painful transition period though.

seriously though it is a shame that the Blue Norgie top wasnt designed better. we found them to be great in the marines. Far easier to iron and more comfortable than CS95 shirts.

PompeySailor

Lantern Swinger
We should change to Nomex tank overalls - all in ones, fire retardant, relatively smart and the gung-ho types get to wear boots with them.

Then again, they are bloody expensive and the laundry degrades the fire retardant qualities.