New Urban Myth

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Shakey, Dec 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes - it's bollocks

2. No - it's true

0 vote(s)
  1. Might be true, might not be. Allegedly originated from an internal memo from the Metropolitan Police.

There's a new initiation process for idiots wanting to join street gangs. What they have to do is nick a car and then drive it round the streets at night with no lights on. The first car to flash their lights at them, point, sound their horn or otherwise attempt to attract their attention (to the fact they haven't got their light on) they then have to follow it and put at least one round into the car. No matter what they car is or who's in it.

Therefore you are advised to ignore any car travelling at night without lights on.

True or false?
  2. Variation on a theme -

What I've "heard" is not "popping a cap" into another car, just driving around lightless until they get hit by another car.
  3. Kinnell ,
  4. Are these people brain dead or what ? Suppose they fire on an unmarked police car, and all of a sudden some pissed off Old Bill suddenly empties his H&K into them - who'd be in the wrong ? Thought so.....
  5. Gen dit, no shit. Cheif Stoker says.
    We had a circular out at work about this from the local plod. They did say however, that the incidents where in London, but be aware of 'copy-catting'.

Be careful....
  6. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

T'is false and a complete load of balls and has been doing the rounds in some form or another for years.

I've seen some howlers come from supposedly reliable sources and they have even ended up on daily orders.

It usually helps to verify the authenticity of stories before forwarding them on.
  7. I shall let the local plod know.