New to this forum

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by 2359o/d, Dec 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I joined the R.N in 1962 at Raleigh, the first two weeks where great and then you signed on the dotted line.
    How things changed then, Parade Drill CGI You can't even walk let alone MARCH.
    That is a .303 rifle you are holding not someone's p***s? plus all the colourful language of a Parade Ground Chief G.I???

All that is probably verbal abuse now.
    More later.
    cheers

2. OD 2539

Welcome to RR from the "Eternal OD". We are really a friendly bunch, who gently chide each other, as happened on all mess decks. Please do stick you oar in as often as possible.

Whilst on the subject of GI's perhaps you will like this litle dit.

======================================

A Clash of Cultures

It’s the early 60’s when one of Her Majesties sleek black messengers of death enters Portsmouth dockyard for dry-docking. ‘Deeps’, the Tanky, an able assistant to the Coxswain and oppo of the Leading Chef is instructed to run an errand to Victory Barracks by the No1.

Resplendent in his battery acid honed No.8ts. trousers, salt encrusted steaming boots, off grey submarine roll neck sweater and nicely yellowed cap with bow strategically placed over his left eye, our hero enters Barracks. He strolls across the parade ground contemplating lighting up a DF when the strangulated cry of a “That creature there†rents the peace.

A Chief Gunnery Instructor, testicles tightly bound with black masking tape to obtain that required pitch, stands quivering on his mirror like boots with inch thick soles and 200 polished hobnails. Deeps thinks, ‘not me I am only a visitor’ and ambles on.

The Chief of the Parade, who, as we all know never runs any where, walks at great speed, pace stick clenched firmly between the cheeks of his ar-s, no under his arm really. When he gets in front of our hero he places the tip of his pace stick on Deeps chest to prevent any escape and eyes him up and down. Deeps, having suffered the wrath of various Submarine Chief Stokers, is totally unfazed by this apparition and awaits the next move.

Chief of the Parade, “There is a bit of sh-t on the end of my stickâ€

Deeps, “Not at my end Chiefâ€

P.S. CLANG, “Mind your fingers ackâ€

Nutty

3. Welcome Matey......you'll find lots of the verbal on here!!! Stand-by!! :D :D :D

4. Good dit that Nutty!! :D :D :D :D

5. Welcome mate , join in whenever you want , were all mad , :?

6. Brilliant Nutty , lol , :D

7. Hello and welcome